biggest underdog margin?

Not sure but I heard someone on the radio guess 2009 Alabama under Kiffin, which was said to be around 29 points.

I'm not sure on most points for an underdog, but Tennessee is 4-14-2 against the spread in its last 20 games as an underdog.

Not sure but I heard someone on the radio guess 2009 Alabama under Kiffin, which was said to be around 29 points.

That same year Florida was -30 against us after the urby vs kiffy word war
We're gonna sing rocky top all night long after we beat Florida this year gonna be a blast can't wait

The Bama line may not have been nearly that high. This link shows -16.

Quote from: Jim Boofer

Vols Have Nowhere To Go But Up | WDEF News 12 | News, Weather and Sports for Chattanooga and the Tennessee Valley

"Tennessee is a 28 point underdog Saturday, the largest point spread ever for a Tennessee football game with the odds makers giving the nod to the defending national champions from Gainesville.
The only time that I can recall that a Volunteer team was a 20 or more point underdog was in 2001, again it was the Gators who were favored. Funny thing happened though, the Vols ran all over the Gator defense in route to a 34-32 victory that put the Vols in the SEC championship game."

We have a great reaserch staff here at Volnation. Good job guys.

I posted this in a similar type thread but I am wondering if the 18 point spread against FL in 2001 was our biggest upset game we ever won..or was the 86 Sugar Bowl a larger spread..Anyone know?

That was an absurd spread in that FLA game. That was an uber talented UT team.

Reactions: 1 person
'09 UF-UT was 30 points at the time of kick, I think. Or maybe it was 30 the day before, I'm not sure.

I thought it had to have been the 09 Florida game, solely because of all the chirping

VN Store

Back