Bill Introduced To Abolish Electoral College

I will give props to Trump on this; he said before the election that the EC was crap, and even though he won because of it, he still says it's crap.

Reactions: hmhawk and BartW
As I've said, I think there is value to having the EC in place so as to prevent an unqualified megalomaniac from using charisma and empty promises to appeal to angry and uneducated voters enough to take over and then screw everything up.

So let's see if they function as they are supposed to this go 'round.

Reactions: 1 person
As I've said, I think there is value to having the EC in place so as to prevent an unqualified megalomaniac from using charisma and empty promises to appeal to angry and uneducated voters enough to take over and then screw everything up.

Or just Democrats would never campaign inside of the ocean bordering states if we went straight popular votes. What kind of president would that produce? You think that WOULDN'T garner a megalomaniac? Even your boy talked about how many times he went to Iowa while the Liar barely even knew where it was.

They were certainly angry, but it is arrogant of you to call them uneducated. People know what they know, and they know the democrats don't give a sh!t about "flyover country".

Bernie got beat in the primaries.

Reactions: 7 people
Just speaking for myself, I hope they keep flying over. What irritates me is when they come down here.

Oh, La Belle Grand Dame takes issue with the representative's name. Says it makes the breed look bad.

EDIT: La Belle's photo attached.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I will give props to Trump on this; he said before the election that the EC was crap, and even though he won because of it, he still says it's crap.

15036643_1795811677351829_905335721957865957_n.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
The quote from him alone is why the people wanting the states to give their votes to Hillary should rightfully be ignored.

He ran his campaign based on the election rules. Had it been a popular vote he likely would have run a very different campaign and could have garnered more votes.

Have to keep electoral college in place, but I think a restructuring of votes is in order. I don't know shinola about how the electoral votes are actually decided by state, but if states like North Dakota have 3, TN should be worth more than 11 surely.

Reactions: 2 people
There have been 700 attempts to have the Electoral College abolished, i don't expect 701 to be any different then the other attempts

No state outside of California and New York would vote for this. They would lose any an all power they have in any national election.

But it sure is fun watching the Democrats throw temper tantrum after temper tantrum

Have to keep electoral college in place, but I think a restructuring of votes is in order. I don't know shinola about how the electoral votes are actually decided by state, but if states like North Dakota have 3, TN should be worth more than 11 surely.

Based on population, which determines reps, which determines votes. ND has 1 rep and 2 senators so that's 3. TN has 9 reps and 2 senators, so 11. No matter how small a state will have at least 3 votes, so that balances the popular vote concentration in urban areas.

Last edited:
There have been 700 attempts to have the Electoral College abolished, i don't expect 701 to be any different then the other attempts

No state outside of California and New York would vote for this. They would lose any an all power they have in any national election.

But it sure is fun watching the Democrats throw temper tantrum after temper tantrum

It's nice seeing you around here. We really don't get enough of a female perspective outside of LG most of the time.

The quote from him alone is why the people wanting the states to give their votes to Hillary should rightfully be ignored.

He ran his campaign based on the election rules. Had it been a popular vote he likely would have run a very different campaign and could have garnered more votes.

Gimmie a break. The guy benefited from a criminal as an opponent he literally fell forward. He's not some brilliant tactician, he finally enlisted some help to save him from himself, it worked....barely.

Lets not pretend he ran a masterful campaign.

Gimmie a break. The guy benefited from a criminal as an opponent he literally fell forward. He's not some brilliant tactician, he finally enlisted some help to save him from himself, it worked....barely.

Lets not pretend he ran a masterful campaign.

I'm saying nothing about the skill of his campaign that he ran. Only that it likely would have been a different campaign had popular vote been the rules.

Which is why you can't judge popular vote as the deciding factor when the rules dictated a different game.

Similar to a team losing a football game and trying to say after the fact that they should be declared winner because they gained the most yards.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Dems tried to fix the election, they're hoping this will do it for them. The desperation is comical, what's next?

#flyoverstatevotesmatter

Didn't stop Obama from winning...

VN Store

Back