Bill Walton Quotes

The last thing I heard him say was... "arrg poidrshgp fdlkghj" and that's because, he talks like he has a sack of balls in his mouth.

Bill Walton rules. Any time he's broadcasting a game it becomes 10 times better.

Throw it dooowwwwwwwwn.

“Tracy McGrady is doing things we’ve never seen from anybody – from any planet!”

"Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards."

“John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”

"Greg Ostertag is one of the top centers on this planet!"

“Eric Piatkowski makes perhaps the greatest defensive play in Clipper history!”

“Tonight the Spurs look to extend their lead to 3-0 over the Lakers. This time, however, they will have to do it on the Lakers’ home court. Duncan and Shaq have been magnificent for both teams, but so far the edge has gone to San Antonio. However, the real story line that awaits us tonight in Los Angeles is whether or not Kobe Bryant will actually throw a pass!”

"Tony Parker just made the worst pass... in the history of Western Civilization!"

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

"What a pathetic performance by this sad human being. This is a disgrace to the game of basketball and to the NBA. He played like a disgrace tonight. And he deserved it."

"Why would the Pacers ever double-team Larry Johnson? He wants to be double-teamed so he can pass. Why is Indiana double-teaming a man who only scores 8 points a game?"

"Memo to Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker: Couldn't you wait until at least the All-Star break to have the franchise suffer its worse loss in its storied history? Bill Russell just called looking for an address to send his 11 championship rings back to the Celtics because he is so disappointed."

And more...

"That was the worst execution of the fast break in the history of the Trail Blazer franchise"

"All Don Nelson can do is shake his head and ask what has happened to our once beautiful team?"

"This Portland team is nothing more than a band of pranksters."

"Show some respect to this living legend, this hall of famer...Arvydas Sabonis."

"Sabonis is the epitome of competitive greatness."

"A huge Chinese population here in... Houston."

"He even flew in his hairdresser, Celeste, so not only does Jermaine ONeal look pretty, he's looking to play pretty tonight."

"He's been working out in the off-season, on that incredible computer generated body he has."

"Look at Horace's shoes, arent they a thing of beauty?"

"Shaq with the monster throwdown, the basket just reverberating."

"You look at Vladimir Radmanovic, this guy is cut from stone. As if Michelangelo was reading and a lightening bolt flashed before him."

"You talk about Shaq as a ballerina, what a pirouette from Yao!"

Walton: "That was the most athletic play in the history of the NBA."
Steve Jones: "In the entire history of the NBA, Bill?"
Walton: "Well, of this season."
Steve Jones: "Really? Of this whole season?"
Walton: "Well, of this playoff series."

Some more:

"Throw it down, big fella! Throw it down!"

"Shandon Anderson is the greatest role player in the history of the NBA Finals."

"Dikembe Mutombo has once again restored order to the universe."

"Fewer athletes have endeavored the lost art of bigmanasity better than big man Shaquille O'Neal, who of course we all know is the most dominant player in the game.... period..."

"I think that ball just blew up. And yes, my hair is a-flame!"

"College basketball is NOT about forearm shivers to the back or knees to the groin. It's about footwork and balance."

And even more:

"A lot of people understand what not saying anything means, so, in effect, not saying anything is really saying a lot.”

"But you have to understand, my beard is so nasty. I mean, it's the only beard in the history of Western civilization that makes Bob Dylan's beard look good.”

Whenever the refs aren't up to Bill's standards: “Why even have a rulebook?”

On Rasheed Wallace: "He's like a four-armed Dikembe Mutombo around the basket!"

“Yao Ming is the best thing to happen to the NBA in a long time. He is just a beautiful person inside and out. The vision, the creativity, the gentleness of spirit … he has it all.”

"Did you see that? It must be the Scottish pudding!!"

As you can probably tell, I am bored:

"What hath God wrought -- Todd MacCulloch has changed his name."

"Save some for later? Balderdash, this is the playoffs!"

"One thing comes to mind when I see Boris Diaw play, and that is the Age of Romanticism."

"The only man who can stop Cliff Robinson is Cliff robinson. The man is unstoppable even at 38."

"Dirk Nowitzki is one of the most amazing players I've ever seen, right now he's one of the top 5 players in the world"

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail."

"What was he thinking? Was he thinking anything at all?"

"I want to see Ben Wallace come out with war paint on his face!"

"Ben Wallace is the Pistons superstar...and he can't get a foul. What a travesty!"

"This is Jason Kidd's world... were just lucky to be living in it."

"Robert horry, one of the top defensive players in his genre."

"Eddie Griffin has put up the 2 worst shots in the history of the Rockets franchise here tonight."

"Shaq makes everyone else in the league look like Michelle Tafoya."

"Rasheed Wallace is putting his fingers over his lips to silence the crowd. Like HE has actually brought his game today to tell them to be quiet!"

About Larry Johnson: "What a pathetic play from a pathetic human being."

"Atlanta needs all 13 lottery picks."

After the ball was turned over 3 times in 10 seconds:
Walton: "That has to be a foul."
Snapper: "Against who?"
Walton: "Against the game of basketball."

"Raef Lafrentz and Shawn Bradley should start considering a new career."

"Chris Childs let the opportunity of having the best job in the world being Kidd's backup go away because he couldn't get himself away from the buffet table."

On Tim Thomas taking an off-balance fade away jumper "That might have been the worst shot selection we have seen in this year's playoffs"

"Effort is so overrated"

"Ucla is walking out of here with one of the most impressive victories in UCLA history"

VN Store

Back