Bill's (Experts Only) Baseball Discussion Thread

So a little bit cereal here

I see H is a pitcher stat.
Was it always?
For a long time (and growing up watching a lot of baseball), I only heard of Ws and Ss, and you mentioned quirky saves in the other thread.
Edit: I don't want to Google hahahaha

Reactions: volfanbill
So a little bit cereal here

I see H is a pitcher stat.
Was it always?
For a long time (and growing up watching a lot of baseball), I only heard of Ws and Ss, and you mentioned quirky saves in the other thread.
Edit: I don't want to Google hahahaha
It was created when I was a kid. Somewhere in the 80s. So no.

Reactions: GordonC
It was created when I was a kid. Somewhere in the 80s. So no.
OK
and with the technology and statkeeping capabilities with the Interwebz, I guess it became more noticeable
I used to have to look at the paper the next day to see Reds scores a lot of the time, and I don't remember seeing it in print

Reactions: volfanbill
Reminds me I found this book (buried in a box) the other day. Joe on the front and Kitty Kaat on the back.

20240619_190659.jpg

20240619_190726.jpg

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Is this where we discusss Kirby starting Saturday for nothing but net and more TENNESSEEE TD BABY! ?
I agree with @NorCalVol67 ’s statements and I think it would mess with the psyche of everything, but I’m also a born and raised Johnson City kid with lots of friends and family still there, some with connections to Kirby’s family, so I wouldn’t be mad as long as it worked.

I was a huge fan of him as a player, and I don't remember ever watching a game and thinking he sucked as an announcer.

OK
and with the technology and statkeeping capabilities with the Interwebz, I guess it became more noticeable
I used to have to look at the paper the next day to see Reds scores a lot of the time, and I don't remember seeing it in print
I miss reading box scores in the paper. I’m a xennial/Oregon Trail generation kid, and I loved the newspaper even as a little kid. It’s not the same on the internet

VN Store

Back