Billy Napier to Florida

LSU is not getting Riley. He pretty thoroughly shot that down last night.

Once again, LSU is the one left standing up when the music stops. Their athletic department must be truly awful. Easiest school in the country to win at and they keep getting last pick on the coaches.

Crazy as it sounds, I think Mark Stoops would do well there. LSU recruits itself. He's been outperforming with lesser talent for a long while. He could finally see what he could do with elite talent.

I would have thought both of those two jobs could have attracted better, and more experienced, coaches than Miss State /Ole Miss.

Surprising

Reactions: onevol74
He can likely win 9 or 10 games in a hurry there. They will always have talent. But he will be fired instantly if they slip.

Reactions: Credo
Well, if one sifts thru the many posts on Tig Droppings, a theme emerges about both Napier and Stoops. It would appear that Billy N held out as long as he dared to wait on a call from SWoody for the LSU job but the old guard just would not hear of hiring someone from a lowly conference and who coached in Lafayette - that was just beneath them. And if they cannot get Aranda (who has been offered a nice bump at Baylor to stay) then Stoops just might be in play from Ky. It surely sounds like Stoops would create quite the melt-down in Bayou Land. Kiffin has been mentioned but not getting the play I would have expected. What a group of demanding and entitled fans. Until the job is filled, Riley is still in play in my mind to some degree, but it is now being speculated that USC may be coming after Linc. Riley now.

Well, if one sifts thru the many posts on Tig Droppings, a theme emerges about both Napier and Stoops. It would appear that Billy N held out as long as he dared to wait on a call from SWoody for the LSU job but the old guard just would not hear of hiring someone from a lowly conference and who coached in Lafayette - that was just beneath them. And if they cannot get Aranda (who has been offered a nice bump at Baylor to stay) then Stoops just might be in play from Ky. It surely sounds like Stoops would create quite the melt-down in Bayou Land. Kiffin has been mentioned but not getting the play I would have expected. What a group of demanding and entitled fans. Until the job is filled, Riley is still in play in my mind to some degree, but it is now being speculated that USC may be coming after Linc. Riley now.
Kinda sounds familiar with our fans.. somewhat.. but we wanted better always because we know what type of program Tennessee can be.. if you lived in the late 80’s-06 ya know the potential. I’m excited how the program is moving.. why is LK name not been a hot name down there.. I wanted him at Florida to tell the truth like someone said on here before I want to full time deep hate him.. and laugh at my ole piss buds to for him bolting.. So.. is LK staying is that the word..

I like it..solid hire..has coached with championship coaches and wins wherever he goes...curious what the board Gators think?

Reactions: preacherwebb
he has ZERO florida connections as I understand it. I love the cajuns, but it will be an uphill clime. Seems florida doesn't have florida guys anymore.

Crazy that LSU fans wouldn't be happy with Napier or Stoops. Both are exponentially better coaches than Ogre. I'm ready for LSU to return to their 90s form and a dose of reality.

Napier is a good coach.

Chadwell is the coach everyone is sleeping on. I'm glad Florida didn't reach out to him.

Napier has a good offensive mind. Not some guru, but he plays smart football. As in handoff to your power back with a lead blocker on 3rd and goal instead of a damn "read option "🙄.

Plays 11 on 11 with his QB being a runner. Good at "creating "space for his skill players.

Florida has a talent problem right now, and Napier is a very good recruiter who just got total autonomy with the Gators...

Napier is a good coach.

Chadwell is the coach everyone is sleeping on. I'm glad Florida didn't reach out to him.

Napier has a good offensive mind. Not some guru, but he plays smart football. As in handoff to your power back with a lead blocker on 3rd and goal instead of a damn "read option "🙄.

Plays 11 on 11 with his QB being a runner. Good at "creating "space for his skill players.

Florida has a talent problem right now, and Napier is a very good recruiter who just got total autonomy with the Gators...

Jim McElwain 2.0 IMO

Kinda sounds familiar with our fans.. somewhat.. but we wanted better always because we know what type of program Tennessee can be.. if you lived in the late 80’s-06 ya know the potential. I’m excited how the program is moving.. why is LK name not been a hot name down there.. I wanted him at Florida to tell the truth like someone said on here before I want to full time deep hate him.. and laugh at my ole piss buds to for him bolting.. So.. is LK staying is that the word..
From what I gathered, the LSU folks don't trust his baggage, whatever they deem that to be. Especially after the recent history with the Ogre apparently (just the optics if nothing else perhaps). Plus they recognize that Kiffy has zero loyalty and they insist on that, and who can blame them. Not sure how much in play the Miami job is right at this moment, but that was where I saw Kiffin's name most recently linked to. Side note.....since Clausen signed extension with Wake, it will be interesting to see where VaTech goes. Maybe Jamey Chadwell?

Reactions: Volz4lif3

VN Store

Back