Birmingham Bound

He' just a team captain and that's what they do. I like Rick and all, but if he's the starting QB, our hopes for a NC will just be that much harder to obtain.

(It's great to have another QB thread......I have missed them so..)

I'm still having trouble deciding who I like better...and who I think will get the spot of starting QB.

Clausen definitely proved himself the last few games of last year. Coming in as a third string QB to lead your team to their first Bowl victory in a few years...that hasn't been done by many people. Not to mention, having more Senior leadership can only help this team.

Then again, Ainge was fantastic last year. Sure he made mistakes...but what else can you expect from a freshman? As much as I like Clausen and his great QB instincts...I really think that Ainge will get the spot.

~*Crystal*~

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jul 4, 2005 2:13 PM
He' just a team captain and that's what they do.  I like Rick and all, but if he's the starting QB, our hopes for a NC will just be that much harder to obtain.

(It's great to have another QB thread......I have missed them so..)
[snapback]110235[/snapback]​

:Bbiteme:

It's actually not just a QB thread, smarty. It's about who gets to go to Media Days.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Jul 4, 2005 3:17 PM
:Bbiteme:

[snapback]110240[/snapback]​

5.gif

Hide and watch...

Hide???

I ain't afraid of you.

I'll jump on you and stomp a mudhole, then stomp it dry!

(Thanks, Ernest T!)

:laugh1:

I think it was a good choice, to send Rick.
He speaks very well, and sounds alot like a coach already.

No to add anything to a non-QB thread, but the job (QB) could still be up in the air by the end of Aug? Would it upset any of us, to see both Ainge and Clausen SEPT 3rd? :bow:

Rick was selected to goto media days because he is a 5th year Senior that just happens to be the Captain. Rick will play in the UAB game, but Erik Ainge WILL be the starter.

Clausen is going for 1 reason. He will not pop off and say the wrong thing

Originally posted by Vol67@Jul 5, 2005 2:49 AM
[snapback]110352[/snapback]​

Exactly!

Originally posted by Vol67@Jul 5, 2005 1:49 AM
[snapback]110352[/snapback]​

I guess it's a good thing they're not taking ME, then.

:laugh1:

Clausen is 100% class act and Im happy to see him representing us in Alabama. (poor thing, why does it always have to be in Alabama??!!) :p

Of course the Cats and the Water Closets were part of that, but Aurburn was to though.

Originally posted by Smokey_Vol@Jul 5, 2005 7:00 PM
Of course the Cats and the Water Closets were part of that, but Aurburn was to though.
[snapback]110480[/snapback]​

Clausen simply hasn't done much... 3 of the 4 games he started were against some of the worst pass d's in the country.

I think we did the right thing in sending Clausen. He is a total class guy, and he will say the right things. After all its just a media day. I do believe that Ainge should be the starter on the field though. Its a great problem to have.

VN Store

Back