Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (November 11, 2022)

CagleMtnVol

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Release Date: November 11th, 2022

MPAA Rating: TBA

Directed By: Ryan Coogler (Creed, Black Panther)

Written by: Ryan Coogler, Joe Robert Cole

Starring:
Letitia Wright
Lupita Nyong'o
Danai Gurira
Martin Freeman
Winston Duke
Angela Bassett
Florence Kasumba
Dominique Thorne
Tenoch Huerta
Mabel Cadena
Isaach de Bankolé
Dorothy Steel
Danny Sapani
Alex Livinalli
Marlon Hayes

I don’t read comics, so I don’t know how Black Panther gets portrayed in them, but if they roll one of the female Wakandan warriors into that role, some folks here will lose their minds.

I don’t read comics, so I don’t know how Black Panther gets portrayed in them, but if they roll one of the female Wakandan warriors into that role, some folks here will lose their minds.
at this point its a forgone conclusion.

doesnt bother me as much as its just obligatory. would be nice to see something different. maybe Racoon can be replaced by a Titmouse?

Reactions: GroverCleveland

Shuri did take over the mantle for a time in the early 2010s.

But yes, the losers that are calling it the MSheU are already sharpening their claws.

They will also be bent out of shape over Namor not being Lilli white so it’s just par for the course.

Shuri did take over the mantle for a time in the early 2010s.

But yes, the losers that are calling it the MSheU are already sharpening their claws.

They will also be bent out of shape over Namor not being Lilli white so it’s just par for the course.

I mean they’re probably going to be very conflicted because it’s Shuri taking over which will cause outrage, but the actress is rumored to be an anti-vax nut who Disney might turn around and distance themselves from….their brains might melt trying to figure out what they’re supposed to be triggered over.

Trailer is sick. Seems like it would make sense that the mantle be passed to Shiri. Who else would it be? People were hating on Black Panther when it was a man. Losers gonna lose.

Only difficulty is the fact that she could be challenged and would lose without the suit but if she's respected/liked well enough, I can buy that nobody would challenge.

No one cares if Shuri takes it. It's part of the lore. Also Black Panther was extremely well-received. Fake outrage over fake outrage smh.

Generally speaking most will accept her. The movie will be well received by the masses and make a boat load of money.

But go to YouTube and look up ‘M(She)U’ and you will find a whole corner of loud obnoxious toxic fans that crap on any thing they perceive as “woke” (Which is basically anything not a machismo white male). For some reason this includes legacy characters. Especially if it’s a female taking on a traditionally male mantle.

These folks are incredibly popular and they thrive off negativity with our giving honest critiques.

It's the internet, of course a loud, vocal minority will throw a fit. But majority of fans will be fine with it.

Well, that's why I didn't say most will care but you said "nobody".

We had people on VN hating on the fact that blacks were celebrating representation with the first movie. Go figure, one of them has received the ban hammer.

Reactions: BenGrimm

If this was the first film and they hired a female actress for the role to begin with and it traditionally/historically being a male character then I would agree. However this is unique circumstances and is the 2nd in a series or more when you count Black Panthers appearances in the MCU so I don't have a problem with it.

IMO, Folks will have a bigger problem if it's anyone but Shuri taking over the mantle of the Black Panther.

Reactions: SycloneJoe
I saw a fan theory saying they may resurrect him to take the helm. He wasn't exactly a bad guy.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they do that towards the end of the film. They’ve got to have a strong male lead if they want to continue the series after this film. And I’m not opposed to having a female play the part, I just don’t think she will be enough of a draw if they want box office success.

I really like Michael B. Jordan, but I hated Killmonger. He came off as a whiny ******* imo. But a Killmonger from a different universe could be interesting. I would enjoy a pseudo-redemption of the character with him as a main part of the Avengers.

I really like Michael B. Jordan, but I hated Killmonger. He came off as a whiny ******* imo. But a Killmonger from a different universe could be interesting. I would enjoy a pseudo-redemption of the character with him as a main part of the Avengers.

I thought he was the best thing about Black Panther. He saved the movie IMO.

Reactions: davethevol
I wouldn’t be surprised if they do that towards the end of the film. They’ve got to have a strong male lead if they want to continue the series after this film. And I’m not opposed to having a female play the part, I just don’t think she will be enough of a draw if they want box office success.

IDK. I really like the actress who plays Shuri. She might be able to carry it. We'll see

Based on what I've read in the comics, Shuri HAS to be the new Black Panther. Chadwick Boseman is irreplaceable but I'm excited to see how Letitia Wright handles the role and makes it her own. Most only know her as Shuri but she did a good job in Death on the Nile. I was really afraid that she'd get cancelled after she initially voiced her apprehension about getting vaccinated.

VN Store

Back