Blockbuster Trade

MAD

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
Tigers trade Prince Fielder to Rangers for Ian Kinsler

I don't really like long term deals in sports, but this could be a trade both teams win.

I think it was wise to move Fielder's massive contract. It helps with resigning Cabrrera and Scherzer. And Arlington is a better park for Prince to hit in

I'll take pitching, solid defense and timely hitting over an expensive power hitter. Fielders bat disappeared during the playoffs as happens to a many power hitters.

I'll take pitching, solid defense and timely hitting over an expensive power hitter. Fielders bat disappeared during the playoffs as happens to a many power hitters.

Kinsler isn't solid defensively, but this does allow the money to resign Scherzer. The deal allows Miggy to first and opens up the spot for Castellanos to play his natural position of 3B. That will help the infield defense of the Tigers, but not dramatically. They are also even more right hand heavy at the plate.

The Rangers get heralded 5 tool stud Jurickson Profar into the lineup every day. They get a real power hitting first basemen who gets a new start.

It's a great get for both teams, my only worry is the Tigers just don't have that many lefty batters. Could hurt them down the line. Washington said that he still plans on batting Beltre at cleanup, so if Prince bats third, that's a nice little protection piece behind him to get better pitches. Not sure if they plan on him batting 3rd or fifth though. Some reports even have the Rangers trading Profar and signing Cano. That seems a stretch to me though.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back