BNA airport(Nashville), Taxi, Uber, Lyft

Go aeiou

TnTrash
Who designed this airport? I can walk out the door from luggage claim in NYC, and there will be a cab waiting. Nashville used to have cabs lined up about 60-80 yds away when you left the building with luggage. A quick wave, and they would pick you up.
Now you collect your luggage and walk at least 1/4 mile(?) outdoors to garage 2 where transportation is waiting. Who wants to do that? especially in the rain? Who designed this? If visiting Nashville you better pack light.
I live in nashville, but right now it gets my vote for worst airport in US.

Reactions: JustFunnN'Orange
Who designed this airport? I can walk out the door from luggage claim in NYC, and there will be a cab waiting. Nashville used to have cabs lined up about 60-80 yds away when you left the building with luggage. A quick wave, and they would pick you up.
Now you collect your luggage and walk at least 1/4 mile(?) outdoors to garage 2 where transportation is waiting. Who wants to do that? especially in the rain? Who designed this? If visiting Nashville you better pack light.
My recent airports:
BNA
KC
Reno.

All require ride app pickups to walk away from the main pick up drive in front of the terminal to a location away from the terminal. I can only think someone did a study of wait times for those and road congestion and determined it is better to be away from the heavy traffic. But that's just a guess.

My recent airports:
BNA
KC
Reno.

All require ride app pickups to walk away from the main pick up drive in front of the terminal to a location away from the terminal. I can only think someone did a study of wait times for those and road congestion and determined it is better to be away from the heavy traffic. But that's just a guess.
At BNA cabs are just lined up, and it's first come first serve with no ride app. You used to walk out the baggage claim door and turn left. Walk about 60-80 yds and get in the cab. Now it is a long walk to do the same thing.
The cabs and the app folks are in seperate lanes, side by side in Garage 2.
A board runs the place, but a more expensive ride(cab) might be on the way back.
I communicated with someone at BNA when we returned, and they indicated that they are looking at alternatives.

Reactions: CPA
flown into Laguardia so many times. No thanks.

We flew to LAX earlier, had to walk just a little to a lot for taxis, uber, and shuttles

Does not seem to be a problem at CHA.
The thing I don't miss about Chattanooga. Haven't flown from there in over 20 years, but it used to be that every trip started by flying to Atlanta.
Ha, I might complain about the location of cabs at BNA, but ATL had the rudest employees.

My recent airports:
BNA
KC
Reno.

They do a good job of providing parking for people who are waiting to pick up arrivals. Yes, Some people still want to circle the pickup area rather than park for free in a lot, and wait for a text from the person they are picking up.

Reactions: McDad
They do a good job of providing parking for people who are waiting to pick up arrivals. Yes, Some people still want to circle the pickup area rather than park for free in a lot, and wait for a text from the person they are picking up.
The last couple times I had family flying in i looked for the old waiting area. the waiting area was moved from the terminal grounds to off site. Down Donelson road and on another main road.

The drive to the terminal was just as easy.

I don't know if maybe it isnt well known or something. Maybe needs better/more signage?

BNA is growing. Growing pains are frustrating

Another observation I just remembered.

The arrivals level has been jam packed with cars. So I texted my fam and picked them up at departures. Much easier and quicker.

Reactions: StarRaider
Been using valet parking at BNA for years. Once I started I can’t do it any other way.

How much per day? Our trip was 13-14 days.
I want to say it is $6-8 more per day than long term parking. I have always justified the extra expense for the convenience of my car being cranked and ready when I step out of the terminal.

I want to say it is $6-8 more per day than long term parking. I have always justified the extra expense for the convenience of my car being cranked and ready when I step out of the terminal.
yeah, the last time we drove and parked at bna I forgot where I parked. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.

BNA is awful compared to what it used to be. However I’ve been to many worse airports London Heathrow being the absolute worst by a mile. I fly to Austin Texas a lot and it’s just like the current BNA with the walking to get a Uber etc.

BNA is awful compared to what it used to be. However I’ve been to many worse airports London Heathrow being the absolute worst by a mile. I fly to Austin Texas a lot and it’s just like the current BNA with the walking to get a Uber etc.
I guess we've just been lucky at Heathrow. No one has anything good to say about it. We haven't had a problem.
Rome is another story. Those folks just show up when they want to.

I guess we've just been lucky at Heathrow. No one has anything good to say about it. We haven't had a problem.
Rome is another story. Those folks just show up when they want to.
I had no issues in Italy ironically. But Heathrow? I’ll gladly pay hundreds extra to avoid that hell hole

I just text when we land and they have my truck ready. I find it worth it. Especially if you are traveling with a family
We live off I-40 Exit 221 and the airport is at 215 so it's a $25 cab ride each way. We get a neighbor to take and pick up unless our departure/arrival times are too early/late.

VN Store

Back