Bob Cousy PG of the Year Top 10

bleedingTNorange

Top 10 was released, and Tennessee’s Jordan Bone makes the list, the other’s...

Ky Bowman- Boston College
Josh Perkins- Gonzaga
Markus Howard- Marquette
Cassius Winston- Michigan State
Ja Morant- Murray State
Cody Martin- Nevada
Carsen Edwards- Purdue
Ty Jerome- Virginia
Justin Robinson- Virginia Tech

Josh Perkins- Gonzaga
Markus Howard- Marquette
Ja Morant- Murray State
Cody Martin- Nevada
Carsen Edwards- Purdue
Ty Jerome- Virginia

I wouldn't trade Bone for any of these guys. Bone is coming into his own, and it's great to watch.

Josh Perkins- Gonzaga
Markus Howard- Marquette
Ja Morant- Murray State
Cody Martin- Nevada
Carsen Edwards- Purdue
Ty Jerome- Virginia
Good for Bone, but I would lay 10 to 1 odds that Ja Morant wins it. Morant averages over 20 points a game and 10 assists, plus has highlight dunks almost every game. I would rather have Bone, but I'm biased

Would not be excited about going up against Murray St. early in the tourney. That Morant kid can change a game.

Would not be excited about going up against Murray St. early in the tourney. That Morant kid can change a game.

He is a good player no doubt. He scored 38 vs Bama, however he shot it 30 times, went 0-4 from 3, and had 10 turn overs. Vs Aub he scored 25 (10 of which was from the line) had 5 TO's and went 1-6 from 3. VS Belmont he scored 20 but only went 5-19 and then 2-7 from 3. VS Jville ST he scored 22 going 7-18 and 1-7 from 3, with 7 TO's (those games were losses, but also the best teams they have played).

Sure the guy can play, but just for me I would much rather see them in the tourney than like a good team which had some injuries, played a tough schedule and just lost some games.

But you are right, if he got hot he could change a game, with his skill set and athleticism.

Reactions: RollerVol
I believe that Bone could score lots more too if that was his 1st priority.

I think he's always looking for the right guy to pass the ball to for a easier higher percentage shot to get the TEAM more scores and the WINS.

He's a total TEAM guy.

Together
Everyone
Achieves
More

I believe that Coach Barnes has everyone more interested in total TEAM WINS and not personal stats and glory.

That's what makes our basketVols as great as they are and I love it!

VFL...GBO!!!

He lit Alabama and Auburn up I believe. Trust me this kid is special
I watched part of a Murray State game the other day against another lower tier team. In my limited sampling he looked like a 2 guard who was only looking for his shot. Cousy was a great facilitator and any award named after him should focus most heavily on that IMHO.

Morant seems like the 2018-19 version of a mid-major Trey Young. He is clearly the best player on his team, and so everything filters thru him. The surface numbers are impressive, but one of the telling numbers of a great, effective PG is assist to turnover ratio. Morant's is just barely over 2 to 1. Jordan Bone's is almost 3.7 to 1.

Reactions: Big time vol
The partnership formed between super talented Bone and his super demanding coach will be remembered around here for a long long time. Great story!

Congratulations to JB! A well deserved recognition.

His shot has been on every night. he's the key to success on this team. He starts the movement. We have a lot of good passers on this team. ball movement is why we are #1

I watched part of a Murray State game the other day against another lower tier team. In my limited sampling he looked like a 2 guard who was only looking for his shot. Cousy was a great facilitator and any award named after him should focus most heavily on that IMHO.
Ja is averaging over 10 assists per game, so I have to disagree with u on this one. The game u watched maybe he was looking for his shot more than usual, but to average over 10 assists per game on any level is amazing and the definition of true pass first PG, kinda like Cousy

VN Store

Back