Bobby Johnson Given Praise From SI

KB5252

Repeat Forward Progress Victim
Bobby Johnson has been named as an under rated coach by SI. I personally like the job he has done there. While their record is not great they are no longer an automatic win for anyone in the SEC. I do think they take a step back this year though. Hat what are your thoughts on Johnson?

Before crowning him, I'd like to see Johnson prove that he can consistently beat MTSU or win half the games on his schedule, at least once.

He beat a down UT team...big deal...so did every other decent team on UT's schedule in 2005 (except for that miracle in Baton Rouge).

He beat South Carolina and Georgia...Woody Widenhofer did that. He almost beat Florida...Woody Widenhofer did that too. He won 5 games...Woody did that also.

I really don't see anything on Johnson's resume that Woody and Dinardo didn't accomplish while they were in Nashville. He had Jay Cutler, which helped, but you have to credit Woody for being the only D-1 coach to offer Cutler a scholarship as a quarterback...that wasn't Johnson's work.

VN Store

Back