Bobby Knight,

titanem_ti

This is on the interview the other day I read something some time during the season knight responded where I was interested in a coaching job that would be my last jobs that, I mean, id quit before id take it . Now look at the underline where BK stopped himself in front of the media because he bout let it slip. Now let me fill in where BK left out. "I read something some time during the season Knight responded where I was interested in a coaching Job at Texas Tech that would be one of the last jobs that I would want, I mean, Id quit Texas Tech, before Id take it". nowhere in that answer did he say no i was not contacted and no i am not interested . I may be wrong if i am let me know and any thoughts on my answer to his media answer. ;)

I think everyone will agree that he was speaking in code and answering without really giving an answer. He obviously would never admit to anything at this point even if it was true.

Originally posted by titanem_ti@Mar 20, 2005 11:17 AM
I read something some time during the season knight responded where I was interested in a coaching job that would be my last jobs that, I mean, id quit before id take it .

Some think that he was talking about the USC job that was offered to him. How happy could Bobby Knight really be at Texas Tech? Granted, he is probably really happy about making the Sweet 16. I would think that TT is going to offer him more money and want to redo his contract after this tournament.

But, at the end of the day, TT can't afford to pay him as much as UT...although it sounds like Hamilton's capping it at about $1.5MM.

But what about his salary when he turns things around? ;)

Tennessee has the posbility of becoming a very very good basketball school.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Mar 20, 2005 12:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood &#064; Mar 20, 2005 12:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-titanem_ti@Mar 20, 2005 11:17 AM
I read something some time during the season knight responded where I was interested in a coaching job that would be my last jobs that, I mean, id quit before id take it .

Some think that he was talking about the USC job that was offered to him. [/quote]
I agree that it sounds like he was referring to USC. I don&#39;t think Knight would care for the LA lifestyle.

He deftly avoided the UT question, as he should while his TT squad is in the Dance.

Getting Bobby Knight would immediately put UT men&#39;s basketball in the national spotlight&#33;
:clap:

Originally posted by TroyCG@Mar 20, 2005 6:21 PM
Getting Bobby Knight would immediately put UT men&#39;s basketball in the national spotlight&#33;

and on TV so that I can watch the games.

He seemed to be rather close to his players at TT during his postgame interview on Saturday. He may decide not to leave them. Then again, Roy Williams left KU after a run to the title game.

Bassillio says that sources have revealed to him that the race is down to Knight and Pearl.

I know Pearl is a good coach, and has done exceptionally well in the tournament, but as far as regular season/everyday game coaches go...Knight has the experience of playing good teams on a regular basis.

I agree Pedigo...Update&#33;..Basillio says rumors are that Knight has already been signed and that within 48hrs of a loss in the tournament he will be in Tennessee.

Kiddie, the sports program hosted by Tony Bassillio on 1180 AM. He didn&#39;t reveal his sources but says they are usually reputable.

There was a very good editorial about Bobby Knight in the Chattanooga paper on Sunday that is worth reading.

I felt like he was talking about an incident that took place prior to the Tennessee speculation.

I&#39;m hoping he doesn&#39;t come though.

I don&#39;t doubt he&#39;d up the win column, but imagine the egg on our face if (and I know it&#39;s not certain he would, but I think there&#39;s an excellent chance of it) he breaks forth in a profanity laced tirade in a press conference.

We&#39;re the University of Tennessee and I for one think we&#39;re above that.

Bob Knight would put people in the seats just by his name&#33; I never even heard of TT(basketball wise) before he went there&#33; He has no name players and they have him in the sweet 16&#33; So please bring in Knight&#33;

Originally posted by Vols4life@Mar 21, 2005 4:22 PM
Bob Knight would put people in the seats just by his name&#33; I never even heard of TT(basketball wise) before he went there&#33; He has no name players and they have him in the sweet 16&#33; So please bring in Knight&#33;

So, you&#39;re ok with him cursing sports writers, and administrators, provided he follows his past patterns?

I&#39;m just not ok with one of our coaches using the F word over an open mic.

Originally posted by OldVol+Mar 21, 2005 3:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OldVol @ Mar 21, 2005 3:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vols4life@Mar 21, 2005 4:22 PM

So, you&#39;re ok with him cursing sports writers, and administrators, provided he follows his past patterns?

I&#39;m just not ok with one of our coaches using the F word over an open mic. [/quote]
The thing is has he followed his old past? The answer is NO he has not&#33;&#33; When was the last time he acted like that anyway? Thats right no one can remember&#33;

I have no idea what that first post says. I need commas and quotation marks, so I can try to figure out what is going on. I&#39;m not sure what is Knight&#39;s remarks, and what is the poster&#39;s opinion....

Not trying to be an :shakeit: , but I really can&#39;t understand the post...

VN Store

Back