Boo Carter played a whale of a game

NighthawkVol

I didn’t realize live that Christian Harrison didn’t play. I saw him go through warmups and assumed he was fine. But it occurred to me that I didn’t notice him and checked the participation chart. Didn’t play a snap.

So the Star position was all Boo. And after watching the replay, he was all over the place. I think the light has come on for him.

I didn’t realize live that Christian Harrison didn’t play. I saw him go through warmups and assumed he was fine. But it occurred to me that I didn’t notice him and checked the participation chart. Didn’t play a snap.

So the Star position was all Boo. And after watching the replay, he was all over the place. I think the light has come on for him.

I loved the play with about 4:30 remaining in the 4th quarter when Pearce flushed the QB and Boo rammed his shoulder past the Florida guard for the sack. That was our two best athletes making it happen when we needed it.

Boo is from my area. He is a baller. TN needs to figure out how to get the ball in his hands on Special Teams.
He has the potential to take it to the house every time he touches the ball.

They’ve been slow to play Boo, Telander and Arion together, but it was amazing to see how much more area they can cover with Pilli and Harrison out. Pilli is obviously a great athlete and team leader, but those three are the most athletic we’ve had back there in awhile. Having that much speed in the second line lets the DB’s play loose too. Can’t abuse walk on Will too much because he plays his assignments, but he’s obviously the weakest link right now.

Boo is from my area. He is a baller. TN needs to figure out how to get the ball in his hands on Special Teams.
He has the potential to take it to the house every time he touches the ball.
We’ve got a number of guys that can do that. We just have to get the damn ball!!

Matthews! Brazzell! Thornton! Lewis! Seldon! Davis!

They’ve been slow to play Boo, Telander and Arion together, but it was amazing to see how much more area they can cover with Pilli and Harrison out. Pilli is obviously a great athlete and team leader, but those three are the most athletic we’ve had back there in awhile. Having that much speed in the second line lets the DB’s play loose too. Can’t abuse walk on Will too much because he plays his assignments, but he’s obviously the weakest link right now.
Will Brooks has played well all season.
Very well. He’s almost always in position of where he is supposed to be.
Both DBs got beat on Floridas last TD not just him.

Christian Charles has been noticed the past two weeks tho. Good to see him come on strong

I loved the play with about 4:30 remaining in the 4th quarter when Pearce flushed the QB and Boo rammed his shoulder past the Florida guard for the sack. That was our two best athletes making it happen when we needed it.
Yep. And I didn’t realize watching it live that it was Boo who made that play. But when I watched the replay, I thought, “man, was that 23?!” He crashed through there like a lineman.

Yep. And I didn’t realize watching it live that it was Boo who made that play. But when I watched the replay, I thought, “man, was that 23?!” He crashed through there like a lineman.

That’s exactly how I went through it. I watched the game when I got home yesterday morning and couldn’t believe one of our secondary was in there banging with the big boys and coming up with a sack.

Will Brooks has played well all season.
Very well. He’s almost always in position of where he is supposed to be.
Both DBs got beat on Floridas last TD not just him.

Christian Charles has been noticed the past two weeks tho. Good to see him come on strong
Agree. I love Jakobe Thomas and would love to see him start, but if I were replacing a starter with him, it would be Turrentine, not Brooks.

With the emergence of Charles, we have a solid 2-deep at Safety now.

Just so you know about our “weakest link”

Will Brooks
29 tackles 1 FR, 1 INT

Arion Carter
27 tackles 1 INT

Andre Turrentine
18 tackles

Boo Carter
16 tackles 1 sack

The more you know, right??? 🙄

Agree. I love Jakobe Thomas and would love to see him start, but if I were replacing a starter with him, it would be Turrentine, not Brooks.

With the emergence of Charles, we have a solid 2-deep at Safety now.
Brooks is going to at the very least is sign a Free Agent contract next spring, if not out right get drafted.

Kid is balling! He had a few nice plays were he met the WR as the ball arrived.
Turrentine one got ran over against Arkansas and Florida

Brooks is going to at the very least is sign a Free Agent contract next spring, if not out right get drafted.

Kid is balling! He had a few nice plays were he met the WR as the ball arrived.
Turrentine one got ran over against Arkansas and Florida

AT also took a really bad angle on the Oklahoma RB, allowing him to get to the edge on the play that Thomas lit him up on the sideline.

Not up bash the kid, but he’s our 4th best Safety, IMO, behind Brooks, Thomas, and Charles. But thats a good thing. Not many teams have a 4th Safety as good as Turrentine. I just wish the minutes would reflect that.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Just so you know about our “weakest link”

Will Brooks
29 tackles 1 FR, 1 INT

Arion Carter
27 tackles 1 INT

Andre Turrentine
18 tackles

Boo Carter
16 tackles 1 sack

The more you know, right??? 🙄

I’m not going to point out that his position is going to lead in tackles in our system, total tackles tracks with minutes played and other obvious data. I like the kid. He plays disciplined football. He is by far the least athletic DB we have. I’m excited about your annual Colton Jumper draft party. Franks and beans this year too?

Reactions: GordonC and FBtime
Given that you’re an idiot, I’m not going to point out that his position is going to lead in tackles in our system, total tackles tracks with minutes played and other obvious data. I like the kid. He plays disciplined football. He is by far the least athletic DB we have. I’m excited about your annual Colton Jumper draft party. Franks and beans this year too?
You’re saying that because he’s white.

Who’s the idiot??

I show you stats, and you completely ignore them. Go rub some lotion on your neck…

AT also took a really bad angle on the Oklahoma RB, allowing him to get to the edge on the play that Thomas lit him up on the sideline.

Not up bash the kid, but he’s our 4th best Safety, IMO, behind Brooks, Thomas, and Charles. But thats a good thing. Not many teams have a 4th Safety as good as Turrentine. I just wish the minutes would reflect that.
Don’t tell that to @Stoerner Fumbles .
Because Will Brooks couldn’t possibly be the best option.
🙄

You’re saying that because he’s white.

Who’s the idiot??

I show you stats, and you completely ignore them. Go rub some lotion on your neck…
I didn't ignore them. I corrected them. As I said, I like the kid. He's the best option we have for reliability. He's not particularly athletic. I said nothing about his race. Go rub some lotion on your stats.

I didn't ignore them. I corrected them. As I said, I like the kid. He's the best option we have for reliability. He's not particularly athletic. I said nothing about his race. Go rub some lotion on your stats.
You mean those real stats that are inconvenient for your bigot attitude?

This guy is a starter on one of the best defenses in college football. I don’t see you complaining about Charles or Turrentine? Yet Brooks has better stats than them.

Do you know Brooks 40- time? His vertical?

Your mindset is archaic and slow to pick up.
There are Black QBs and White DBs/ skill players all throughout the NFL.

Will Brooks is a leader on of the best defenses in college football. Not just emotional/intellectual leader, but STATISTICAL LEADER.

Oh I suppose Peyton Manning could have those same stats if he played safety on this defense?? Brooks still has to be athletic enough to make the plays, like that 85 yard pick six against NC State- but oh…he’s supposed to do that because it’s his position 😏

Dummy….

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Can’t abuse walk on Will too much because he plays his assignments, but he’s obviously the weakest link right now.

"You are the weakest link..."

j/k but you are incorrect. Brooks has graded very high in pass coverage. I am very, very surprised with how good he has been. PFFs from this week:

Screenshot 2024-10-14 115827.png

This guy is a starter on one of the best defenses in college football. I don’t see you complaining about Charles or Turrentine? Yet Brooks has better stats than them.

Will Brooks is a leader on of the best defenses in college football. Not just emotional/intellectual leader, but STATISTICAL LEADER.

Oh I suppose Peyton Manning could have those same stats if he played safety on this defense?? Brooks still

Oh I suppose Peyton Manning could have those same stats if he played safety on this defense?? Brooks still has to be athletic enough to make the plays, like that 85 yard pick six against NC State- but oh…he’s supposed to do that because it’s his position 😏

Dummy….
I don’t want to interrupt your Aryan conspiracy podcast, but I didn’t say anything about his race, or the race of NFL QBs. The coaches have done a good job using Brooks and he’s done a good job playing his role. He is not a world class athlete. That’s ok. Look up archaic, ellipsis, and spend some time with a tutor or Strunk and White. Your command of the English language is worse than your logic.

VN Store

Back