Bowling

If the Vols don't beat Auburn, which bowl would you like them to go to?

• Total voters

OWB

Never
Staff member
After reading in the Tennessean that we might be bound for the Cotton Bowl, I am just curious where you all would like us to play! Hopefully we can play the best game of the season and beat Auburn, but if not........

As Ive sais before this season has surpassed my expectations so any bowl as long as we don't look like a subpar team that should not have been invited

Very true... two straight Peach Bowl losses have really pissed me off... Last time we went to the Capital One Bowl we beat Michigan handily. I know Spurrier's famous joke about Citrus and UT, but who cares? That's a good bowl!

screw Spurrier didn't he lose the Citrus bowl he ended up in one yr

I heard this today, and do not know if it is true, but it's an interesting scenario that could really screw UT over again...

Say UT loses to Auburn. The Cap One wants LSU. The Outback will probably take UGA. That only leaves a few bowls left. The cotton COULD take us, however, we didn't travel too well last time. Supposedly, there is a clause in the Cotton Bowl contract that states they can take ND if they want. The Cotton Bowl would LOVE a Texas-ND matchup. Texas would end up there if they lose to A&M, which is not out of the question. In this scenario, that leaves the Peach and Music City. We don't want the Peach, and they don't want us. We could end up like Arkansas a few years ago, and get screwed big time.

Again, this is just specualtion, and I dunno if this is true or not, just something I heard. It would not surprise me, though.

Hopefully, we don't have to worry about any of that, and we beat the 'Barn.

still alot of football to be played and if ND gets drilled by USC they might not be as appealing to the Cotton bowl.

The SEC has some teeth with the bowls and has stated in the past that the loser of the SEC Championship game will not be crapped on. :crap: They protected Georgia (10-3) last year after they lost handily to LSU in the SECCG. SECCG Game loser Georgia (10-3) was selected by the Capital One Bowl. The Outback Bowl was scolded severely last season for grabbing the (15th ranked) 8-4 Gators instead of the 10-2 (6th ranked) Vols.

The Outback Bowl only leaves you about 30 minutes from the beach -- Vols football AND a trip to the beach in the same day? I'll take it.

Here's my rendition of what your face will look like the second that your toes touch the water in Jacksonville in January. :yikes:

The Outback is in Tampa -- and the beach is very "do-able" in January (would stay out of the water before about 12 beers, though).

Incidentally, your face might also look like :blink: , this :jawdrop: , or this :bed_time: when you see the worksmanship of the local plastic surgeons down there. . . . :boobies:

Just be careful not to show your :shakeit: !

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Nov 23, 2004 3:51 PM
The Outback is in Tampa -- and the beach is very "do-able" in January (would stay out of the water before about 12 beers, though).

Incidentally, your face might also look like :blink: , this :jawdrop: , or this :bed_time: when you see the worksmanship of the local plastic surgeons down there. . . . :boobies:

:eek:lol:

I for one would love the UT vs. the real "UT" . That is of course IF wwe get beat by Auburn. Wouldn't that just screw everything up with Tennessee beating Auburn...the pollsters would be scratching their heads...

I just want to be able to watch the game, and for the vols to win.

If we lose 3 bowl games in a row, I might just :puke:

I would like to see UT go to Dallas and the Cotton bowl.

Id kinda like to see how we stack up (if any better that is) against Big 12 Competition.

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Nov 23, 2004 3:51 PM

At least I had the right penninsula . . . :D I had the old Gator Bowl on my brain.

...but I'm still not going into the water in January.

Originally posted by allvol@Nov 23, 2004 2:59 PM
The SEC has some teeth with the bowls and has stated in the past that the loser of the SEC Championship game will not be crapped on. :crap: They protected Georgia (10-3) last year after they lost handily to LSU in the SECCG. SECCG Game loser Georgia (10-3) was selected by the Capital One Bowl. The Outback Bowl was scolded severely last season for grabbing the (15th ranked) 8-4 Gators instead of the 10-2 (6th ranked) Vols.

This is true.

I have also heard that the contract with the Outback is up after this year. I bet they won't renew...

No need in speculating which bowl were going to if we lose because its not going to happen. We will be in the Sugar vs Miami or VT!!!!!!!

I would like the Citrus Bowl (I can't get used to Capital One), but I don't think we will go there if we lose.

We won't. The Cap One is in love with LSU for some reason. I guess they are reaping the benefits of being the defending National Champions *.

I love that asterick. It will always be there. Burns those cajuns up.

If LSU beats Arky and UT loses to Auburn, UT will be Cotton Bowl Bound. Mark It down.

The Capitol One wants LSU because LSU hasn't been to any Florida Bowls since 1989.

Originally posted by orangetd88@Nov 25, 2004 10:31 AM
I love that asterick. It will always be there. Burns those cajuns up.

mmm. Cajun. If I wasn't stuffed with turkey and mashed potatoes, I would feel like some sausage gumbo right about now.

Just saw where ND accepted a bid to the Insight Bowl and Minnesota is going to the Music City Bowl.

Look on the bright side...NO PEACH BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :finger: peaches :furious3:

The really sad part of this bowls mess is when we win we get to play a 7-4 Pittsburg
and Auburn plays numeber five Texas..

VN Store

Back