Boycott govols.com

LadyinOrange

Trophy Mod
Staff member
Not one single Vol-related article on the free site in days!! I have visited that site nearly every day for EIGHT YEARS!!! I am not exaggerating! And they repay my loyalty how?? By telling me all about David Greene or Houston Nutt. :snoring:
I AM SO MAD!!!

:furious3:

So, why don't you just join govolsxtra.com? I know that I am just a newbie to this forum and will probably get slammed for having an opinion contrary to everyone else's, but if you want the information, just pay for it. That's what I did and its worth the $2.95.

Originally posted by VolIceHockey@Aug 5, 2004 10:31 AM
but if you want the information, just pay for it.

There's a novel idea . . . LIO you can pay the $2.95 a month and then just paste all the articles over here where the VolNation can read them for free. You could get back at KNS and the best part is it wouldn't cost ME anything. :lolup:

Get back at KNS? You know, I am a hardcore UT fan, but I like it when Adams and Lundy say things that get players fired up. I would rather have them fired up and p*ssed off then listen to people saying 8 wins and a blowout in the Peach Bowl is a great season. Great is a SEC Championship and a BCS Bowl to me, but I guess I put my standards too high.

$2.95??

I thought it was $25.95!

I wasn't about to pay that much for Lundy and Adams's junk.

I may reconsider if it's only $2.95.

Yes, I am a tightwad.

If you are a News Sentinel subscriber, its $2.95 a month or $24.95 for the whole year. If you aren't a News Sentinel subscriber, its $4.95 a month or $39.95 a year. If it had been $25.95 a month, I would have expected personal phone calls from CPF updating me on practice for that price! :p

I don't have a problem with it, and Hooker probably makes it worth 2.95 but like I said in another post these guys are WAY behind Brent and Rob. If I had the choice to pick one, I would spend the 6.95 and join VQ.

I happen to be a member of both, but I really don't expect much from the KNS staff. But then again, maybe they will suprise me.

Is that $6.95 a month, Freak?

Are the reporters on the site you recommend "fair and balanced"? Are they qualified to provide "inside" information?

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Aug 5, 2004 11:33 PM
Is that $6.95 a month, Freak?

Are the reporters on the site you recommend "fair and balanced"? Are they qualified to provide "inside" information?

Yes, it's 6.95 a month.

The guys on VQ are not fair and balanced, they are all VOL. And they are not part of the UT sheep nor are they part of the Adams/Lundy communist machine. All I can say is that if you want the true pulse of Tennessee sports....Brent and Rob are worth reading. Like I said in another post, the only writers that I respect are Brent Hubbs and Chris Lowe.

Originally posted by Volstorm@Aug 6, 2004 7:05 PM
Try the Tennessean. Better articles anyway.

The Tennessean is better than KNS, but the they don't have many articles either.

Real Vol fans read the Tennessean AND steal anything they can from the News Sentinel and post it free on the web.

The Knoxville News Sentinenl has become an obvious rip-off pretending to be a Vol site. Therefore, ripping them off any way you can is actually a way of showing your allegiance to the Vols.

GO Vols! Steal the coverage the crack whores of the News Sentinel are suddenly charging $30 a month for and post it on the web free.

Screw the Knoxville News Sentinel any way you can.

It's not like they haven't already had a go at us first....

Originally posted by MemphisVol@Aug 7, 2004 9:46 AM
Real Vol fans read the Tennessean AND steal anything they can from the News Sentinel and post it free on the web.

The Knoxville News Sentinenl has become an obvious rip-off pretending to be a Vol site. Therefore, ripping them off any way you can is actually a way of showing your allegiance to the Vols.

GO Vols! Steal the coverage the crack whores of the News Sentinel are suddenly charging $30 a month for and post it on the web free.

It's not like they haven't already had a go at us first....

err.... that's $30 a year.

Originally posted by vol_freak+Aug 7, 2004 9:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vol_freak @ Aug 7, 2004 9:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MemphisVol@Aug 7, 2004 9:46 AM

It&#39;s not like they haven&#39;t already had a go at us first....

err.... that&#39;s &#036;30 a year. [/quote]
Year, month- Are we going to quibble about semantics?

&#036;30 is roughly the deposit on the average keg, which pretty obviously makes the new policy an outright attack on everything we hold dear as Vol fans.

Are you really prepared to let faceless journalistic bureaucrats determine what you know and where you&#39;ll throw up?

Crack whores? If crack whores could put out a newspaper, don&#39;t you think it would be mostly about where to fire up without getting busted by the police or why the price of crack goes up from block to block?

Oh, wait, just saw you are from Memphis. You probably know more about it than I do up here in K-ville. The only thing the poh-lice up here do is get up in your face if you have an open container on campus and you can&#39;t prove you donate a minimum of five digits to the program...or if you don&#39;t have the Farragut sticker on your SUV.

Did that sound bitter?

yeah because farragut is so vital to the county. :finger: that&#33; Beer should flow as freely on campus as it does for the air force here in Germany&#33;&#33; Air Force hooah&#33; :beer:

you can still read the k-news articles if you know where and how to look :blink:

i stumbled upon the whole bunch using google? :question:

posted as many as i could during my lunch break while i was there. its quite possible that the articles can be read through google?

If I want up to date factual info on the Vols from a newspaper I&#39;ll read the Tennessean and Chris Low who buy the way is FREE. The hacks for the News-Sentinel are charging for a failed career as real reporters. As for a pay site VolQuest is real and accurate and unlike the stooges at the Sentinel up-to-date. While the Insiders is not as good they are alot better than the xtra. Its their way to make you pay extra for a job that they already do and do badly. How many times has Chris Low and the Tennessean broke a story or a recuiting commit before the Sentinel? Plenty&#33; Their coverage of Tennessee Athletics is weak and for the most part are left out of the loop at UT due to their actions and irresponsible journalism and unfactual, biased reporting. I will not pay them a bonus for doing their job, which is what they want you to do with Xtra. Maybe I&#39;m just old but I remember better sports reporters like Tom Siler, Marvin West, Russ Bebb and others who reported UT and kept you current plus made their point without the trash and irresponsibility Adams, Lundy and Griffith spew.

Adams, Lundy and Griffith go fly a kite&#33;

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Aug 13, 2004 9:37 PM
If I want up to date factual info on the Vols from a newspaper I&#39;ll read the Tennessean and Chris Low who buy the way is FREE. The hacks for the News-Sentinel are charging for a failed career as real reporters. As for a pay site VolQuest is real and accurate and unlike the stooges at the Sentinel up-to-date. While the Insiders is not as good they are alot better than the xtra. Its their way to make you pay extra for a job that they already do and do badly. How many times has Chris Low and the Tennessean broke a story or a recuiting commit before the Sentinel? Plenty&#33; Their coverage of Tennessee Athletics is weak and for the most part are left out of the loop at UT due to their actions and irresponsible journalism and unfactual, biased reporting. I will not pay them a bonus for doing their job, which is what they want you to do with Xtra. Maybe I&#39;m just old but I remember better sports reporters like Tom Siler, Marvin West, Russ Bebb and others who reported UT and kept you current plus made their point without the trash and irresponsibility Adams, Lundy and Griffith spew.

Adams, Lundy and Griffith go fly a kite&#33;

AMEN&#33;&#33; :clap: :good:

VN Store

Back