Bracketologist Rankings

wtmvol

The guy who scored the highest on the Bracket Matrix is a random blogger who has been one of the worst bracketologists on the site over the past 5 years. Chalk one up for the underdog I suppose. He was 1 of 6 bracketologists to get at least 45 teams seeded exactly right, but where he got ahead was when he missed on the seeding, he almost always got within 1 seed line.

The 6 bracketologists who are ranked as the best over the last 5 years didn't fare so well. That fact, combined with the guy winning typically finishing near the bottom tells me that the committee made some weird decisions on seeding.

One bracketologist who remains consistent (consistently mediocre that is) is Lunardi. My man finished 166th out of 227 bracketologists, which isn't too far out of the norm for him.

Here are the nationally known people or publications and how they placed:

Warren Nolan: #13
FOX: #54
SI: #69
The Athletic: #107
Sporting News: #157
Lunardi: #166
USA Today: #191
On3: #211
and...drum roll...
Jerry Palm with CBS: #214 out of 226 (and to be honest, it looks like the bottom 5 or so might have been filled out at random)

So next year, when we start the weekly "according to Lunardi..." or "Jerry Palm said..." posts, please remember they're really not that good at this...

The guy who scored the highest on the Bracket Matrix is a random blogger who has been one of the worst bracketologists on the site over the past 5 years. Chalk one up for the underdog I suppose. He was 1 of 6 bracketologists to get at least 45 teams seeded exactly right, but where he got ahead was when he missed on the seeding, he almost always got within 1 seed line.

The 6 bracketologists who are ranked as the best over the last 5 years didn't fare so well. That fact, combined with the guy winning typically finishing near the bottom tells me that the committee made some weird decisions on seeding.

One bracketologist who remains consistent (consistently mediocre that is) is Lunardi. My man finished 166th out of 227 bracketologists, which isn't too far out of the norm for him.

and...drum roll...
Jerry Palm with CBS: #214 out of 226 (and to be honest, it looks like the bottom 5 or so might have been filled out at random)

So next year, when we start the weekly "according to Lunardi..." or "Jerry Palm said..." posts, please remember they're really not that good at this...
If only we could all be as bad at our jobs as Lunardi and still get a fat check!

The job is hard because the committee does dumb, illogical things. It’s totally impossible to predict.

The committee is terrible at choosing bubble teams.

I think the hardest is predicting when the committee is DONE....they obviously cut the cord well before conference tournaments end....maybe as soon as the 2nd rounds. I mean....piling ALL of the power conference champs into the same bracket with UConn is almost criminal...lol.

and...drum roll...

Palm has sucked for years.

Just look indepth for stories. Former teams? Brothers? Transfers? They shade towards a narrative because t.v. is always in the room.

Reactions: spyfish007
Just goes to show the conference tourney doesn't mean much for teams already in the dance.

VN Store

Back