Brazilian jiujitsu tourneys

Spartacavolus

Big Member
NAGA Submission Grappling, BJJ Tournaments & Reality Fighting - NagaFighter.com

Just in case you are interested or have children interested, see the attached list of upcoming jiujitsu tournaments. All skill levels, ages and weight classes are open and entrants are divided into groups based on the above.

I'll have 2 kids in the Nashville tourney in March. They both just started in November. I don't know that I have ever been as as nervous as I am as we head towards this event.

Also, if you want to see some kids doing some cool stuff, look up "Joao Ribeiro jiujitsu" on youtube. His dad is our teacher and there are a few videos of him competing when he was 7 and doing some nasty chokes and arm bars.

Sorry to give it it's own thread, but I didn't even know this type of event was around until the last few weeks. There will be some great matches.

Last edited:
bump.

Fight week for my 9 and 5 yr olds. I am more nervous about this than any game or event I ever participated in. Weigh in at 9 am saturday. First fights at 10:45. 3 minute rounds. Win by points or tapout.
Just want my boys to go 100% for 3 minutes. They have only been in it for 4 months and will be going against kids with up to a year of experience, so I don't expect a win, but you never know. One mistake in this sport and it can end quickly.
Gallatin Civic Center. If you are out and about, it ought to be pretty cool. There will be some black belt men's division fights later in the day that will be cool to see. Some of these kids though are complete badasses, but the most wellspoken polite and friendly kids that you could find. Respect is always paid.

bump.

Fight week for my 9 and 5 yr olds. I am more nervous about this than any game or event I ever participated in. Weigh in at 9 am saturday. First fights at 10:45. 3 minute rounds. Win by points or tapout.
Just want my boys to go 100% for 3 minutes. They have only been in it for 4 months and will be going against kids with up to a year of experience, so I don't expect a win, but you never know. One mistake in this sport and it can end quickly.
Gallatin Civic Center. If you are out and about, it ought to be pretty cool. There will be some black belt men's division fights later in the day that will be cool to see. Some of these kids though are complete badasses, but the most wellspoken polite and friendly kids that you could find. Respect is always paid.

That's exciting, and good luck to you. Take a video. If they do well, share it. If they don't do well, just tell us they did.

That's exciting, and good luck to you. Take a video. If they do well, share it. If they don't do well, just tell us they did.

Ha. I do want to video it and have someone splice it into music. If they make just a good move or two, it would be pretty cool for them to have a little youtube video to have to show their kids when they are dads.

VN Store

Back