Breaking News:Kentucky football coach Rich Brooks on boat that capsized Monday mornin

McCat

Rent free in your head
06:07 PM EDT on Monday, June 30, 2008

[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
(WHAS11) - Kentucky football coach Rich Brooks was one of three people in a boat that capsized Monday morning.
It happened on the McKenzie River near Eugene, Oregon where the 66-year-old Brooks is on vacation.
Also on the boat, were Brook’s 38-year-old son Brady and one other man.
All three people managed to make it to shore before Lane Count Water Rescue personnel arrived.
Brooks coached the University of Oregon from 1995-1996 and took the Ducks to the Rose Bowl.
WHAS-11 News talked with UK Media Relations Director Tony Neely this afternoon. Neely talked with Brooks and says the coach is doing just fine and will probably be back on the river fishing tomorrow.
Brooks has coached the Kentucky Wildcats since 2003, and is coming off two consecutive bowl victories.

Breaking News:Kentucky football coach Rich Brooks on boat that capsized Monday morning | SPORTS | WHAS11.com | News for Louisville, Kentucky

Good to hear coach Brooks and the others made it out ok. He might want to try the TN. river next time. :)

He might want to enroll in some boating safety courses.

Too much Kentucky bourbon is bad boating karma.

I'm a sucker for anything with "Breaking News" in it:)

yeah me too. the more sensationalistic, the better.

I bet some of you thought it would be something about Rich Brooks being Tennessee's new football coach, with OC Randy Sanders.

I thought there was more chaos involved to be honest. I'm glad he is good but I was picturing a "deadliest catch boat filled to the top being flopped upside down".

Would have made for a more interesting story. Just sayin

I say it is a little "fishy"....no pun intended. Afterall Joker Phillips is next in line for the head job......so now the question remains. Did Joker train whales to capsize the boat? Is there any truth to the rumor that he and his offensive lineman learned to scuba dive?

I say it is a little "fishy"....no pun intended. Afterall Joker Phillips is next in line for the head job......so now the question remains. Did Joker train whales to capsize the boat? Is there any truth to the rumor that he and his offensive lineman learned to scuba dive?

:p

Nah, Joker's still in Lexington deciding who will QB the Cats this fall. So far, Hartline is ahead- which is a big surprise to me.

Hartline overtakes Pulley at QB - UK Football - Kentucky.com

15 post and none about 9 lives, until sweet 16. Well 16 after the original post.

brookscapsizedxu7.jpg

VN Store

Back