Breaking tackles and 90 yard drives

Other_Guy

foolishFool
I didn't see anything about poor tackling on Neal's 98 yard run. Anyone know anything?

This is not a concern just kinda becoming superstition for me... anyone notice that even back during the Chavis years, how many dang times did UT give up a 90+ yard drive? More scores (and time) were given up on 95, 98 yard drives. It seems like it should be under "fun fact". Anyone else feel this way? I always hate when UT pins them deep cuz they always score haha

Reactions: 1 person
From what I have heard the walk on Max Arnold messed up the play. Could be wrong doe.

I didn't see anything about poor tackling on Neal's 98 yard run. Anyone know anything?

This is not a concern just kinda becoming superstition for me... anyone notice that even back during the Chavis years, how many dang times did UT give up a 90+ yard drive? More scores (and time) were given up on 95, 98 yard drives. It seems like it should be under "fun fact". Anyone else feel this way? I always hate when UT pins them deep cuz they always score haha

You can watch it on the highlights for the dirst scrimmage. I would link it but I am using my phone to post and someone else has it in a thread. It looked like he outran all defenders to the sideline and the free safety let Neal get by him. I will let you decide for yourself though.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCnCl0ZB1zc#at=75[/youtube]

Long runs are generally cause by 8 in the box and getting through and then off to the races

Looked like to me from the little clip that there was one missed tackle in the secondary, but that anyone would have been unlikely to wrap him up, cause he was on his horse. I like to see some north south giddy up from one of our backs.

Reactions: 1 person
Cam Sutton was forcing him inside behind the line and over committed and couldn't get the tackle. Corey Miller is getting held and double teamed at the line and can't make the play. Weak side LB and RS Soph Christian Harris was way out of position on this play. He is the one guy Neal has to beat if the line takes care of their assignments, and he was no where near. I don't think Randolf had a good angle (Don't think he was in bad position, the offense was so off-balanced to the right). If you pause the video when he gets onto the screen, he is already looking at a spot 30 yards down the field that he is going to try to beat Neal to. Just couldn't make it. The run in question starts at 1:18 in the video.

It definitely sucks to see this from our defense, especially after last year. It really only takes one blown assignment like Harris did here to give these up. Good news is that it wasn't one of our starting LB's who did it, and it was UT's offense that scored! These plays will always happen, we just need to minimize the number of times it actually happenings. There will definitely be fewer than we had under Sal Sun-Stupid last year, so we atleast have that!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back