Brent Dougherty's SEC Breakdown

We definitely do not have the best defensive player in the conference.

Very well put together though. I hope you're right because despite wanting more, 10-2 could get us a BCS Bowl bid if the cards fall right.

I enjoyed it. After last season, there's no telling what 10-2 could get us this year. I hope it's another crazy season.

Yeah, that was certainly a poorly worded sentence. How about: ...a guy hopefully in between radio gigs, currently working another job for which he must give full effort.
Thanks for reading! -Brent.

All in good fun! The show on 1510 is not the same without you. I like the predictions, although it seems like alot of people included Oklahoma in thier short lists. I'm not sure if that's because the Sooners really have a chance or because it's "PC" to include a Big12 team.

Thank you for the compliment. I'll tell you this. I miss working with those guys. They are all so creatively gifted and hard working. It was so much fun to go to work there everyday!
As for Oklahoma, they will certainly be in the mix for much of the season. I just like Missouri to break through and win the Big 12. I love Chase Daniel to Jeremy Maclin. Also, watch out for TX Tech in the South.
-bd.

Brent, any thoughts about the anxiety level on the hill over our DL? I get the feeling that they (the coaches) aren't as anxious about it this year as they were last year.

Also, watch out for TX Tech in the South.

To do what? Scare some people, or actually contend? Their ranking still seems much too high to me. I keep hearing how for the first time in the Leach era they will be returning a bunch of starters on D. The same D that got rolled by Mizzu, Colorado, Texas and others. I know they got a "big" win over OU last year but I seriously doubt that game goes the same way if Bradford doesn't get knocked out of it. Maybe I'm letting the past too heavily influence my view of the future but I just stil have trouble buying it.

Brent, great job on the article and touche' on the comments about you not on the air. You are truly missed. My only problem is the Gators' only hiccup is in Knoxville. Let's hope you're wrong. :thumbsup: I asked Duncan to give his guesses the other night and he had us winning it all.

I hope Brent is right. 10-2 most likely puts us in a BCS game. 11-1 most likely puts us in NCG. 9-3 sounds, well, familiar.

Good stuff, I like his thinking and I love this part....

"With all do respect to the Dawgs, there is no way Georgia will play for the 2008 National Title"

He needs to put them 8-4 though, instead of 9-3 because they will lose to UT in Athens as well.

Florida, might only have one loss, but it will be to the Vols in Knoxville.

UT at a possible 11-1 sounds about right. I think we might lay an egg at Auburn the week after we pull the upset over FL in Knoxville. 10-2 sounds possible also, I am a little worried about the South Carolina game in Columbia. That is the week after the Alabama game and after a long stretch of tough games, and we will be flying high, plus Spurrier is due for another upset over us and a few other teams this year. We could stub our toe here as well.

Last edited:
First off, let me offer a big thanks to you guys for participating with this thread.

Lexvol: I think barring injury, the concern about the defensive line will begin to diminish. I think at DT, Demonte Bolden, Dan Williams and Walter Fisher are a solid SEC interior front. Sure you'd like to be able to use five there, which they may. But, those three will be capable of taking the majority of the snaps. DE may be of more concern. And I agree, the defensive line was a major issue until late in the season in '07.

NochNoch, with ten starting QB's back in the Big 12, that conference will be fun to watch and difficult to project. It's easy to pick Oklahoma. So, I thought I'd go a different direction.
Harrell to Carbtree!

tng8r: Thanks for the kind words. I think the Fla v. TN will be a classic. I just think it's Tennessee's time at home.

Thanks for all of the opinions guys! Keep 'em coming.
-Brent.

NochNoch, with ten starting QB's back in the Big 12, that conference will be fun to watch and difficult to project. It's easy to pick Oklahoma. So, I thought I'd go a different direction.
Harrell to Carbtree!

Couldn't agree more with the conference prediction as a whole, its amazing how quickly they went from a slow, plodding, power football conference to a wide open circus on turf. Still just can't put much faith in T TECH on D, but Harrell to Crabtree will be unbelievable. Hell with Crabtree on the team, I could be all Big XII (ok, maybe not).

VN Store

Back