Bru eligible for '25

If he spends two years here going forward, something went wrong this season.
I want him to have a healthy 2024 and move up like Jennings. If he can change direction with the ball and in his routes this season, he will have a great NFL resume.
Bru is awesome and he made one of the most iconic catches in Vol history (setup the FG to beat Bama in 2022), but I just don’t think he can separate well enough on his routes to be anything but a UDFA this year, hope I’m wrong!

and the rub against the 2024 Vols is we “dont have any significant receivers for Nico to throw that ball to”, really?
A lot of our WR's are not as well known nationally. But we have at the very least 5 proven guys from last year plus the transfer and freshmen. So I have no idea what they mean. Either Bru, Squirrel and Thornton are all talented enough to end up ALL SEC and no one would be all that surprised. Most coaches in the nation would be ok having Nimrod or Webb as starters and ecstatic to have them as backups. IMHO Brazell is the only wildcard here (not yet proven in SEC play). We all know that if healthy Bru and Thornton are NFL-caliber talents.

A lot of our WR's are not as well known nationally. But we have at the very least 5 proven guys from last year plus the transfer and freshmen. So I have no idea what they mean. Either Bru, Squirrel and Thornton are all talented enough to end up ALL SEC and no one would be all that surprised. Most coaches in the nation would be ok having Nimrod or Webb as starters and ecstatic to have them as backups. IMHO Brazell is the only wildcard here (not yet proven in SEC play). We all know that if healthy Bru and Thornton are NFL-caliber talents.
I totally agree. Bru is not a speed merchant but has decent speed and his size and strength is what makes him special. He mauls sub 6 foot sub 200 lb DBs. You don’t worry about separation if the DB is trying to recover from being thrown to the ground. Bru’s hands and possession receiver skills are also what makes him special.

I totally agree. Bru is not a speed merchant but has decent speed and his size and strength is what makes him special. He mauls sub 6 foot sub 200 lb DBs. You don’t worry about separation if the DB is trying to recover from being thrown to the ground. Bru’s hands and possession receiver skills are also what makes him special.
I agree with all this which works very well for a guy like Bru or JJ but it doesn't work very well in the NFL which is what some were talking about. You almost have to have speed there. JJ is making it work as a #3 receiver but that doesn't last long in the NFL. Glad he got that 2nd contract. I think Bru could end up staying that extra year which would be great for UT.

I agree with all this which works very well for a guy like Bru or JJ but it doesn't work very well in the NFL which is what some were talking about. You almost have to have speed there. JJ is making it work as a #3 receiver but that doesn't last long in the NFL. Glad he got that 2nd contract. I think Bru could end up staying that extra year which would be great for UT.
If JJ continues to come up clutch as he almost ALWAYS does...he will be fine. Clutch always works...everywhere.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
and the rub against the 2024 Vols is we “dont have any significant receivers for Nico to throw that ball to”, really?
Did you actually watch our WRs last year? They dropped at least 10 sure fire TDs. Hopefully they get back to 2022 level hands.

Reactions: posivol

VN Store

Back