Bru Is In EA

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
Isn't every NCAA football player receiving $600 to be in the game? Fairly certain I read an article alluding to such recently.
Players have to opt in, I'm sure. The NCAA isn't going to say, "You're in the NCAA so you're in the game and here's your check."

Google "O'Bannon vs NCAA" for why.

Players have to opt in, I'm sure. The NCAA isn't going to say, "You're in the NCAA so you're in the game and here's your check."

Google "O'Bannon vs NCAA" for why.
Sure, the player doesn't have to opt in for $600. However, Bru, and most of our roster, don't have the leverage to say no in hopes of an "ambassador" offer. Those holding out in hopes of $20k Madden'esque paydays are likely going to be staring at their # while playing NCAA instead of their last name...

Reactions: Wireless1
Sure, the player doesn't have to opt in for $600. However, Bru, and most of our roster, don't have the leverage to say no in hopes of an "ambassador" offer. Those holding out in hopes of $20k Madden'esque paydays are likely going to be staring at their # while playing NCAA instead of their last name...
I believe O'Bannon v NCAA also covered the fact that they recreated his number, his likeness, his left handedness, skill set, etc for the game.

I doubt EA nor the NCAA wants round #2 by trying to use "the player not known as Nico but with his number, likeness, skill set, etc."

$600 and a copy...cheap rat bastards. How 5% of sales equally divided?

Definitely be purchasing this game.........not a big gamer and usually just play whatever is included on EA/XBOX Ultimate vault.....but I'll gladly shell out $60 for this game as soon as it drops. Nothing like nostalgia from my youth.

$600 would be better than the 5% of total sales going off of how the last game sold. 5% would be like $200, maybe.
EA college may not have the sales "Madden" does but the out of pocket cost to college players is about $6.5M and to NFL players $500M.

The NFL and its players' union agreed to a five-year extension of its deal with video game maker Electronic Arts on Thursday.

Sources say the deal is worth at least $1 billion to the NFL and $500 million to the players. The deal also includes at least $500 million in marketing commitments over the years.

The Madden game has sold more than 130 million copies since it started in 1989, making it one of two sports games — the other being Electronic Arts’ FIFA game — to sell more than 100 million copies.

You just know a lot of the star players are gonna hold out as long as they can to see if they can’t get more than that.
They won't

People don't care about names lol. The stats for the player will be the same regardless, it may just be a generic name

Definitely be purchasing this game.........not a big gamer and usually just play whatever is included on EA/XBOX Ultimate vault.....but I'll gladly shell out $60 for this game as soon as it drops. Nothing like nostalgia from my youth.
When the world needs a hero, you step up . Make us proud.
If he doesn’t I am going AD mode and firing him. 😝

They say they’re gonna keep a running tally but only have Bru listed… I saw both Carson Gentle and Jalen Smith say they were in n too… so they’re not keeping their tally too well…

$600 and a copy...cheap rat bastards. How 5% of sales equally divided?
New release games are $70 now.

EA college may not have the sales "Madden" does but the out of pocket cost to college players is about $6.5M and to NFL players $500M.

The NFL and its players' union agreed to a five-year extension of its deal with video game maker Electronic Arts on Thursday.

Sources say the deal is worth at least $1 billion to the NFL and $500 million to the players. The deal also includes at least $500 million in marketing commitments over the years.

The Madden game has sold more than 130 million copies since it started in 1989, making it one of two sports games — the other being Electronic Arts’ FIFA game — to sell more than 100 million copies.
Game sales pale in comparison to Ultimate Team digital card sales. It's not even close. That's why you'll never see a "no money mode" for Ultimate Team even though players have been asking for it for years. They will never hurt the biggest cash cow in all of gaming. It's the sole reason why regular gameplay of Madden and FIFA suffer. They balance the game around the discounted abilities you need on cards to be competitive in UT.

VN Store

Back