Bruce Feldmans Top Game Day Venues

milohimself

RIP CITY
I can't post the whole thing, because it is pay material, but I will give you all the list.

1) Tennessee
2) Texas
3) Notre Dame
4) Wisconsin
5) Florida State
6) Georgia
7) Ohio State
8) Florida
9) UCLA
10) Nebraska
11) Washington

Just missed the cut: Michigan, Va. Tech, BC, Army and Oregon.

A couple of SEC notables not on the list:

LSU (I hear, and will find out in September) and Ole Miss (nobody parties like the Grove)

He mentioned Ole Miss in place of UGA, but noted he has note been to Ole Miss for a regular season game.

I am glad he didn't mention LSWho. Who likes getting assaulted before and after games?

Originally posted by U-T@Jun 30, 2005 12:49 PM
I am glad he didn't mention LSWho. Who likes getting assaulted before and after games?
[snapback]108999[/snapback]​

The same could be said for Florida but he put them in there.

I have been to the Swamp several times and never had half the problems I have had at LSWho

Originally posted by U-T@Jun 30, 2005 3:32 PM
I have been to the Swamp several times and never had half the problems I have had at LSWho
[snapback]109060[/snapback]​

Don't start none, won't be none.

:laugh1:

I don't agree with Notre Dame being 3rd, Camp Randal should be a little higher also. At least he got #1 right. :)

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Jun 30, 2005 5:09 PM
Don't start none, won't be none.

:laugh1:
[snapback]109078[/snapback]​

Me? Open my mouth?

Nooooooo

:angel:

Originally posted by milohimself@Jun 29, 2005 10:41 PM
I can't post the whole thing, because it is pay material, but I will give you all the list.

1) Tennessee
2) Texas
3) Notre Dame
4) Wisconsin
5) Florida State
6) Georgia
7) Ohio State
8) Florida
9) UCLA
10) Nebraska
11) Washington

Just missed the cut: Michigan, Va. Tech, BC, Army and Oregon.
[snapback]108867[/snapback]​

There is nothing like saturday on Rocky Top!!! However, Georgia fans are obnoxious and playing between the hedges is greatly overated. As is their team most years. As far as Ole Miss, the grove is cool and I think it would be great if we could have a tailgate area in circle park, but the rest of the gameday experience was average at best. Small stadium, stuck up fans more worried about the cheese and wine platters, and a total lack of enthusiasm equals a boring gameday in Oxford.

WHile UNC doesn't have the huge stadium or tradition of the mentioned schools in football. They do have one of the most picturesque places in all the country to play. If you are a college football fanatic that is one place you might want to catch a game sometime!

Originally posted by RckytopQB16@Jul 6, 2005 6:28 PM
However, Georgia fans are obnoxious and playing between the hedges is greatly overated. As is their team most years.

God I am going to sound like a UGA fan but whatever....most know I love UT.

UGA has NOT been over-rated throughout the 1992-2002.

Since 1989, who wants to name the Top 2 teams in the SEC that were picked to finish at a certain position and yet finished higher then that on a hole....then combine that from 1989-2004 for a figure.

Ole Miss and UGA - http://preseason.stassen.com/over-under/teams.html

In only one year was UGA ever picked to finish higher then 3rd (Quincy's year being the exception). I know we as UT fans like to mock them for always finishing behind us and UF during those years but its like people forget that they were picked to finish behind us anyway. In addition, 2002 and 2003 saw UGA not picked by the majorities to win the East thus that phrase is a bit off.

Georgia has a very respectable program. If there were any other team in the SEC I could root for, it would be them.

Originally posted by NCGatorBait@Jul 6, 2005 7:04 PM
THat was my first impression of you.

I guess throwing facts out can lead people to a incorrect assumption

Originally posted by U-T@Jul 6, 2005 7:13 PM
I guess throwing facts out can lead people to a incorrect assumption
[snapback]110783[/snapback]​

Nothing beats Death Valley for me, man. I just gotta say that. Can't blame a guy for defending his homeland. I can't believe Michigan is so low on the list. I'm surprised A&M isn't on there at all, either.

True, Texas A+M has an awesome satdium, and whenever I see that place on TV everyone in the place is yellin.

Originally posted by Atreus21@Jul 7, 2005 4:56 PM
Nothing beats Death Valley for me, man.  I just gotta say that.  Can't blame a guy for defending his homeland.  I can't believe Michigan is so low on the list.  I'm surprised A&M isn't on there at all, either.
[snapback]111065[/snapback]​

He said The Big House is really quiet, especially for 100,000+.

He said the list is just based on his experiences, nothing too serious. Something just for fun, so if there's some places not included (Ole Miss, Texas A&M) don't worry about it. Doesn't mean anything.

I personally think Oregon should be in the top 10. Great gameday and gets pretty darned loud for just 50,000.

I have never been to a UM game but the stadium size is huge. Yet the top of the stadium is built sort of High School'ish with beams holding it up.

I don't know, I just wasn't impressed with the way it was built.

I'd bet Beaver Stadium would be really loud if Penn State fans had a team worth cheering for.

VN Store

Back