Bruce Pearl

orangewizard98

Brent Hubbs has said that it appears that Pearl and Dana Altman are the two leading candidates for the job. He has indicated that Pearl may be the favorite to actually get/take the job at this point. Ernie Grunfield has endorsed Pearl as the guy he feel needs to be hired. Ernie knows his stuff and it would be wise to listen. He endorsed Jay Wright, who now has Villanova in the Sweet 16, before Buzz Peterson was hired. I believe Mike Anderson would be the safest choice as far as being able to recruit well for us goes, I just don't like the style of basketball he plays. He was known for his recruiting while at Arkansas and already has some strong roots in the Memphis area. However, I hope we listen to Ernie this time and go with Bruce Pearl. JMO

Well, It seems that TN is taking the safe (ho-hum) route to fill half of TBA. They say Knight is too old. I guess he wasn't too old last week. My guess is that somebody woke Dickey up and he gave Hamilton his famous speech on the value of BB mediocrity. Or maybe the feud between the rich and the righteous got too hot for Haslam and he didn't want to take the heat for replacing the saint with a sinner. Forget that it has anything to do with basketball. The only gig that could fill TBA now would be Pearl IMO. I just hope that the righteous don't find out that he's Jewish...oh well, Monster truck season at TBA could be exciting next year!

How is Pearl with recruiting and such? I don't know much about him and won't pretend to.

I am just afraid that we are going to go through the same thing again if Hamilton is not careful.

This is what I like about Pearly. He reached the milestone of 200 wins faster than any coach in the country. In 13 years as a head coach he has failed to reach 20 wins only once. He is humble enough to wear a mascot uniform to a game when the mascot was sick and did not show up and he was ballsy enought to start Pearly-gate when he turned in Illinois for recruiting violations. If TN passes up on both Knight and Pearl...just forget basketball in TN. Bring on the hockey and monster trucks.

He did turn in Illinois didn't he? Think that he could turn in bama for anything? That would be great.

I have been impressed with Pearls team so far this season. I am anxious to see how they do against Illinois.

That would be the upset of the century. Pearl would be the hottest ticket out there then and it would almost be guaranteed he would not be going back to Milwaukee the next year. But I don't know if TN would be able to punch his ticket if they have to compete with Virginia and the ACC.

Pearl is considered a top 20 recruiter and actually he is considered a better recruiter than Anderson.

VN Store

Back