Bruce Pearl

NCVOLFAN

:bash: I am new to this forum but I must say the overall opinion is awfully high on Bruce Pearl. I have always been a fan of Vol BB and felt they never got their due(especially under Jerry Green) but how can everyone think this guy is the savior. He comes from Wisconsin-Mil. after a Sweet 16 visit..so what??? Just like Buzz he is comming in hot and high and like Buzz he will be gone in 4 years with a pathetic record. Coaching in the Horizon League is not the SEC. Facing teams like Detroit and Wis. Green Bay are far different from Ky, Fl, Al, and LSU.

He also gets credit for reaching 300 wins(I believe) second fastest...well once again, most of them were at a Division 2 school. Wis. Mil might as well as been one....

REALITY CHECK.....

Originally posted by NCVOLFAN@Apr 13, 2005 8:53 PM
:bash: I am new to this forum but I must say the overall opinion is awfully high on Bruce Pearl. I have always been a fan of Vol BB and felt they never got their due(especially under Jerry Green) but how can everyone think this guy is the savior. He comes from Wisconsin-Mil. after a Sweet 16 visit..so what??? Just like Buzz he is comming in hot and high and like Buzz he will be gone in 4 years with a pathetic record. Coaching in the Horizon League is not the SEC. Facing teams like Detroit and Wis. Green Bay are far different from Ky, Fl, Al, and LSU.

He also gets credit for reaching 300 wins(I believe) second fastest...well once again, most of them were at a Division 2 school. Wis. Mil might as well as been one....

REALITY CHECK.....

hahahaha

you said................hahahaha...........you said

hold on let me catch my breath, woo you are funny.

ok I'm fine.

You said how can he compare himself to beating teams like alabama...... news flash big boy, guess who he knocked out of the ncaa tournament?

come on guess.

come on man guess. I'll give u a hint, there mascot is a big gay elephant.

;) I admit Pearl did best 'Bama in the tournament (and yes I did enjoy seeing Bama loose like a true Vol fan) but come on even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while

No doubt Pearl has to prove himself. He is a good coach and I like the style of ball he plays but whether or not he can do it on the SEC level remains to be seen. :cross:

Originally posted by NCVOLFAN@Apr 13, 2005 9:08 PM
;) I admit Pearl did best 'Bama in the tournament (and yes I did enjoy seeing Bama loose like a true Vol fan) but come on even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while

ok, so you refuse to give this man credit for what he did in his carrer. Next your gonna say that we should have Kept Buzz. You obviously haven't read anything about what he has done with this team already. He has bonded very well with the team. He talks with them daily, worksout with them, keeps an eye on them constantly. the he travels around the state and even the country to talk to recruits (i don't think buzz ever left the university to talk to some one), and you don't want to give the man credit. If you are a true Vols fan, you won't say he is over hyped, you will say that you hope he is the savior. Because we can't handle another coaching change in 4 years.

:good: I still think they took the road of picking he "hot" coach...Buzz came in on a white horse after winning the NIT, promising up tempo, NC style BB...and look at what that got us...I will remain a pessimist until I see results.

BTW..my choice was Altman...he was at a true Mid major and had more of a proven track record. Being here in Charlotte, I knew Lutz was not a choice either...

oh well. Pearl is our coach and he really impressed me by getting his team to play hard defense in the tournament, something we really need.

Pearl has had success at every level and success is predicated by two things: 1) you have to relate to your players and 2) you have to recruit. Pearl exceeds at both and it doesn't matter what level you are on. He will outwork you and quite frankly many of these other so-called hot coaches like Quinn Snyder at Missouri have done nothing by ride on the coattails of others. In due time you will be singing a different tune.

Dana Altman? You have got to be kidding me. He plays second fiddle to SIU every year in the conference. Mediocrity is Altman's middle name.

Originally posted by NCVOLFAN@Apr 13, 2005 9:14 PM
:good: I still think they took the road of picking he "hot" coach...Buzz came in on a white horse after winning the NIT, promising up tempo, NC style BB...and look at what that got us...I will remain a pessimist until I see results.

BTW..my choice was Altman...he was at a true Mid major and had more of a proven track record. Being here in Charlotte, I knew Lutz was not a choice either...

as opposed to picking a "cold", losing coach...

I think Pearl was the right choice....Although I would have like to seen a Rick Pitino but that just wasn't gonna happen...We are a football school. Always have been and always will be.

Look at it this way...at least we get to keep typing CBP....CDA or CBK or CBL would be way too confusing....

Welcome to the board NCVOLFAN, lived in Charlotte all your life?

VN Store

Back