BRUUUUUUU on Finebaum Today

I had forgotten about the Huddle for Hearts thing he's been doing.

“About a little over a year now, we started a foundation called Huddle for Hearts. And Huddle for Hearts provides AEDs to basically at risk youths or basically any other sports organization that doesn’t have access to an AED,” McCoy said on The Paul Finebaum Show on Wednesday. “I kind of came up with the idea from what happened with Damar Hamlin on the field. I wanted to provide something that directly affected what I do on a day-to-day basis. So yeah, this coming year, for every touchdown I score we’ll be donating an AED subsequently.”

I actually think Bru is a huge part of this team in perhaps slightly under appreciated ways. The journey he took to come here with all the crazy and difficult hurdles (I'm lookin at you USC) he climbed has, I suspect, made him mature beyond his years. And I can never ever forget that supremely contested 'man-among-boys' catch from our beloved Hendo he made with 2 seconds remaining that allowed us to hit that "wounded stumble duck" of a field goal to beat Bama in '22. Add to that the grueling leg injury that ended his year in '23 and the ensuing rehab, and he will just always be one of my very favorite VFL's.

VN Store

Back