Buzz ball....

Anybody who TEACHES defense, set offense with screening , blocking out and pounding the rock into the paint. These things have not been TAUGHT since Don DeVoe was fired and Ray Mears before that. "COACHING " is teaching the game to young men coming a program hoping to improve their athletic skills. This principal applies also to blocking, learning to tackle, running pass routes correctly and defending pass routes. Coaches are hired to teach the game, do our coaches in all sports do this well? Cannot wait to read your responses. :lol:

As a TarHeel b-ball fan, I would love to see Buzz and the Vols b-ball program become an SEC title contender and a top 20 team.

But the UT teams have little in common with his prior teams when it comes to fundamentals. In fact, the UT team exhibits few characteristics of any team coached by one of Dean's Deciples.

I love to see the vols win in any sport but in the houston era I sat back and smiled watching a man use an entire university basketball program to showcase his son to springboard him into the NBA....and it worked. Now theres a retirement plan even tiger woods old man would appriciate! :twocents:

Originally posted by dan4vols@Dec 9, 2004 1:00 PM
I love to see the vols win in any sport but in the houston era I sat back and smiled watching a man use an entire university basketball program to showcase his son to springboard him into the NBA....and it worked. Now theres a retirement plan even tiger woods old man would appriciate! :twocents:

:eek:lol:

Originally posted by dan4vols@Dec 9, 2004 1:00 PM

Hey, at least we got to watch Allan Houston play for 4 years. He was the MAN!

VN Store

Back