Buzz Needs To Chill Out...............

westsidevol

all of his whining and complaining is only going to make him look bitter. He should just say "I had a great time at UT and now I move on to the next chapter"...........or something along those lines. He is just hurting himself by indicating that Hamilton did him wrong. Hamilton had seen all he needed of Buzz ball. The kid was in over his head and things were not going to get better. I would like to thank MH for making this tough. but correct decision.

And I don't know why Roy Williams wants to butt into our business and say that UT's men's basketball coach is not a good position. He needs to sit down with his tournament under-acheiving self.

I agree. It is a sad thing and I feel for him. But the bottom line is that he had 4 years to turn around the program and he did not. Then he says that UT was looking for a quick fix........give me a break Buzz. Four years is plenty of time to get the program up and running. Plus he did not exactly inherit a terrible program. He just needed to to tweak and few things.

If I were in the same position as Buzz, I'm sure he would tell me that God has a plan and when he shuts one door, he opens another, and in the end it all works together for good. Walk it out Buzz and don't burn your bridges.

that is exactly right. UT has already made the decision so Buzz has nothing to gain by going out in a bitter fashion. All he can do now is show some class. He will be looking for a job at another school and he will look much better if he does not go out and rip on UT.

"quick fix"?!? :blink: When he got to UT the team was loaded and he proceeded to finish 15-16 in his first season. Remember he inherited a team with most of the players returning from a 20-win NCAA bid season where they were ranked as high as 4th in the nation. Not only that, but the program was used to winning coming off of 4 straight 20-win seasons and NCAA appearances. His first team had 2 NBA draft choices (Yarbrough and Haislip), 1 SEC player of the year (Slay), and a 4-year starter (Higgins) on that team. Most times when you think of a "quick fix" you are inheriting a losing program with a handful of young inexperienced players. I think Buzz is waaaay off base here.

Most coaches dream of getting a program in the condition UT was when Buzz got here. It had success written all over it. The only ingredient missing was a good coach.

You are definately speaking the truth allvol. Buzz said he could have accepted it better if he had been given a fifth year. I just don't see how he can see it that way. I do not see how one year could change things that much.

Somebody do a quick check of Bobby Knight's record after four years at Texas Tech. He inherited a program that was nowhere near in as good a shape as ours was.

What was his record after four years at TT?

Quit whining Buzz. Go have dinner with Roy (Same ol UNC crowd) Williams!!!

This is from Texas Tech website:

"In his first season as head coach at Texas Tech University, Bob Knight led the Red Raiders to a 23-10 record and appeared in the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 1996. The 2001-2002 season also marked the 11th tournament showing for the Red Raiders in its 77 years of playing collegiate basketball.

The Red Raiders next completed the 2002-2003 season as one of three Division I schools to end the post-season play on a winning note. Bob Knight also gained his eighth National Invitational Tournament appearance and 34th year that his team has played in post-season tournaments.

The following year, the Red Raiders won 23 games in their regular season to make school history with three consecutive seasons of 20 or more victories. Knight's total record currently stands at 849-330 overall."

They just showed it on ESPN and his record for his four years at TT is 88-43. Twenty plus wins each year! :good:

Does the level of Bob Knight's competition at TT match up to what he would face in the SEC if he came to Tennessee?

I would say yes. Oklahoma state, oklahoma, kansas, texas, Iowa, Ohio State. Utep, and Iowa state played TT this year (all them teams are in the ncaa tournament).

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Mar 16, 2005 6:43 PM
Does the level of Bob Knight's competition at TT match up to what he would face in the SEC if he came to Tennessee?

I would say the Big XII is tougher than the SEC.

It seems to me that of all the names I have heard (outside of Rick Barnes) that BK has the most experience playing Top 25 teams on a regular basis.

Originally posted by vols2345@Mar 16, 2005 9:48 PM
I would say yes. Oklahoma state, oklahoma, kansas, texas, Iowa, Ohio State. Utep, and Iowa state played TT this year (all them teams are in the ncaa tournament).

Don't forget that Tennessee has played, and lost, the last 2 seasons to Nebraska.

TT beat Nebraska 84-68 this year in Lubbock and 75-49 in 2002-03 in Lubbock. However, they lost to Nebraska last year in Lincoln 44-72.

The Vols lost to Nebraska in Knoxville this year 61-62 and 62-77 last season in Lincoln.

Just heard on Sportstalk interview with Buzz that Jim Haslam is responsible for his firing. I know Buzz is hurting but I think he has really started to burn his bridges.

It's probably the first time in his life that he's ever been fired from anything. Different people react in different ways I guess.

Originally posted by TBALLVOL@Mar 18, 2005 2:19 PM
Just heard on Sportstalk interview with Buzz that Jim Haslam is responsible for his firing. I know Buzz is hurting but I think he has really started to burn his bridges.

He's probably right...well, that, and the fact that Buzz was 61-59 in 4 years.

VN Store

Back