buzz

21VOL

what are ya'lls thoughts on buzz's future..

I like buzz, but something is wrong..

would like to hear everybodys thoughts..
if you live in k-ville, let me know whats being said up there.

Attachments

• buzzcoachpage1.jpg
    buzzcoachpage1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 0
Tennessee needs a caoching change. No questions asked. Whenever you lose to UT Chatanooga, something is definitly wrong. Even though I don't follow vols basketball as closely as football, I still watch enough games that tell me buzz isn't the right fit for tennessee. Something needs to be done and QUICK.

Each year I think Buzz is going to get the guys ready to play, and each year they let down more and more... You can't lose to UT-C and still expect to compete in the SEC. I'm afraid Buzz may have to go... but I don't know that anyone will ever be able to get the UT men to play like they did back in the day.

I'll reserve my opinion until the end of the season. Wofford just beat Auburn and Chattanooga is a very talented team that won't lose more than 5 or 6 games this year. Don't forget that Chattanooga is in the Southern Conference championship game almost every season and when they get there, they usually shake things up... like when they beat Georgia and went on to the sweet 16 a few years ago. The Vols other 2 losses were to a couple of top 10 teams. If the Vols fall anywhere short of an NCAA bid this year... then I think Buzz's time at Tennessee will be over. He's had NCAA caliber teams in the past but was criticized by the selection committee for an easy schedule.... so you've got to give him some credit for a tougher non-conference schedule.

Guys, Buzz is a good coach and a good man. If you haven't noticed, a lot of "Have Not" teams actually have pretty good basketball programs. ISU beat UVA last night. Wofford beats Auburn, Etc. etc. Our problem IMO is that we struggle with recruiting. We do not have a national reputation as a basketball program and lets face it, putting curtains around the balcony of our 20,000+ seat arena due to lack of attendance is embarrassing and not a positive when recruiting. Buzz can coach, but until he finds a Logan Young type "associate" we do not have a bright future as a national power house. To Buzz's credit, he wouldn't consider a LY associate, so I guess we'll have to continue to be patient, hoping for a few recruiting breaks and a very slow rise in our BB program.

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Dec 7, 2004 12:20 PM
Guys, Buzz is a good coach and a good man. If you haven't noticed, a lot of "Have Not" teams actually have pretty good basketball programs. ISU beat UVA last night. Wofford beats Auburn, Etc. etc. Our problem IMO is that we struggle with recruiting. We do not have a national reputation as a basketball program and lets face it, putting curtains around the balcony of our 20,000+ seat arena due to lack of attendance is embarrassing and not a positive when recruiting. Buzz can coach, but until he finds a Logan Young type "associate" we do not have a bright future as a national power house. To Buzz's credit, he wouldn't consider a LY associate, so I guess we'll have to continue to be patient, hoping for a few recruiting breaks and a very slow rise in our BB program.

I agree with you here. It's going to take time for buzz to build this program up...we're not a basketball school and every recruit knows that. It's easier to recruit at Dayton than knoxville...I think buzz has to make the tournament this year or he's in trouble...right or wrong I think that's what's going to happen.

Considering that the previous coach that was fired, Jerry Green, won 20+ games all 4 years and went to the NCAA tournament all 4 years, and beat Kentucky on a regular basis.... I would say that Buzz is not living up to the expectations.

I would not necessarily say that Tennessee is ONLY a football school. The Vols are 2nd in SEC winning pct behind only Kentucky.

Do you think that part of the reason that Buzz isn't gone yet is possibly because people realize now that they were too hard on Green?

Originally posted by crazyguy@Dec 7, 2004 3:41 PM
Do you think that part of the reason that Buzz isn't gone yet is possibly because people realize now that they were too hard on Green?

I've heard alot of revisionist history regarding the 4 years under Jerry Green. I definately have not heard anything like "sorry".

Originally posted by duckman398686@Dec 7, 2004 3:55 PM
Green was a better coach in my opinion. I kinda still wish he was here.

Green had the results. You have to go back to the 1970's to show the results he had... and quite frankly, the 4 years he was at UT were the 4 winniest years in Tennessee history.

Sorry. . . . this is too painful for me to even comment. You could swap out the above names and insert "Wade Houston," and I had the same discussion 11 years ago.

Just can't understand why such a top-notch atheletic school in a prime central location with boo-coos of money can't field a competitive Men's Hoops squad. I mean, DAMMIT, we win football, girls b-ball, had good years in baseball when I was in school, track, swimming, . . . . .

I sshhhhhoorrrre would love to pack T-B full on hoops nights and have a bunch of crazy fans camping out for tickets and painted orange jumping up and down while we spank around Kentucky and Florida en route to a Final Four. . . .

:snoring:

. . . .(now wiping slobber off my sleve as my nurse rudely awakens me from such sweet dreams)

Originally posted by allvol+Dec 7, 2004 3:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (allvol @ Dec 7, 2004 3:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-crazyguy@Dec 7, 2004 3:41 PM
Do you think that part of the reason that Buzz isn&#39;t gone yet is possibly because people realize now that they were too hard on Green?

I&#39;ve heard alot of revisionist history regarding the 4 years under Jerry Green. I definately have not heard anything like "sorry". [/quote]
I dont&#39; expect a sorry by any means...heck, anyone been in knox traffic lately coming out of a game? but I do think people realize that they missed out on a good, albeit frustrating first round plauged, thing.

VN Store

Back