Bye Week Pressers

"Focusing on us here during the course of this bye week and trying to improve in the areas we need to," Heupel said. "There's a lot of ways we can in all three phases of the game. Big week for us to continue to get better. You have heard me say, 'good teams continue to get better throughout the course of the year.'"

"Communication into the phases for sure," Heupel said. "Alignment, assignment and technique from there. Everybody's got to be tied in together.

"There were a lot of good things we have done here in the early part of the year that we did last Saturday, but there are certainly some areas we have to get better at."

It is such a weird thing for me to watch the player's pressers. These young men, many of them much bigger than me and all of them more athletic than me, seem to be grown men on the field. No fear. No nerves. Then I get to see the inexperienced "kid" they really are in how they handle themselves in a presser. I see their discomfort and nervousness.

It is such a weird thing for me to watch the player's pressers. These young men, many of them much bigger than me and all of them more athletic than me, seem to be grown men on the field. No fear. No nerves. Then I get to see the inexperienced "kid" they really are in how they handle themselves in a presser. I see their discomfort and nervousness.

athletic training =/= media training

You know what they say about public speaking. People fear it more than death. Speaking in public, I will do. Singing in public, I will fight anyone so that I don't have to do it.

Reactions: #1n51&98 and McDad
I was thinking the roughly the same thing. They look like kids here, but look huge on the field, and if you put my skinny a$$ beside them we‘d see how big they are.

98% of people from ALL walks of life are NOT good “under the spotlight”. You can see it when someone is asked to speak at work, church, class…or have you ever watched someone ask “are their any questions”…and you can actually HEAR the “pucker factor” in the room.

These boys do a good job, some better than others…but I do know they get help in how to present themselves to the Media. And, at the next level…they MUST do it when asked…so get practice now.

PSST. Also, it’s a “life skill” they will ALWAYS use…

Reactions: WillisWG

VN Store

Back