Bye Week Question - Favorite Non-Household name Vol of all time?

Non household names but were some of my favorite players as a kid:
Chuck Coleman
Randall Morris (fumble vs OM still haunts me though)
Clyde Duncan
Roland James

Was it Raynoch who got arrested a few yrs ago when there was a reunion of the 98 team...maybe while pruitt was down there?

Many but Joe Graham stands out because he was a terrific player whose career was shortened by injuries

Addendum: Another that I have to mention. Tommy Fisher. Mid 60's linebacker who was killed in an automobile accident...... his junior year I think.
Jay Graham’s career was not shortened by injury. He just had a mediocre senior year.

I'm going to cheat a little and say Terry McDaniel. Despite having a very good pro career he still seems to have a lot of that "Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that guy!" about him.
Very true. T-Mac was a borderline hall of famer. Another like that is Anthony Miller. Dude made like 5 pro bowls, but has largely been forgotten.

Cedric Houston. Not the most gifted RB we ever had but man did he run hard!

Curt Maggit. Injury prevented him from being all he could be but the talent was there! I believe he would've been a dominant defensive player had he not gotten hurt.

Jesse Mahelona (R.I.P.) Doesn't get mentioned enough among fans, probably because he was a JUCO transfer, but the dude was a stud and an All-American nose tackle here!

Mychal Rivera. One of the better tight ends we've had here. Should be mentioned more but isn't for some reason. Probably because it was the Dooley era.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back