Byes before USCe and Vandy…

CroKev

The Oldest Sport
With all the predictions about our record this year, I think a huge plus for us is the fact that we have bye weeks before both USCe and Vandy (oh, and did I mention that we play both of them at home?). Also, on the weekend before playing us, USCe will have played Arky on the road and Vandy will have hosted Kentucky.

Unfortunately, UF has a bye week before hosting us (and we will have played Oregon on the road the Saturday before). The only other team that has a bye before playing us is South Alabama (home game for us).

Fade and others will let me have it but I think the high-water mark for us is 8-4 with the losses being to Oregon, UF, UGA, and Bama. All the other games are clearly winnable (we will be favored or a very slight underdog in each of them barring major injuries at key positions).

Reactions: 1 person
I think having 2 byes will be a great thing for all the teams in this conference considering how brutal it is.

Why not have byes before your toughest games ?

We could have a month off before BAMA and get beat right now. USC and Vandy are games we can win but have to show up. I think it is a good time to have them.

The two bye situation won't happen every year. It simply has to do with the number of Saturdays between Labor Day weekend and the first weekend in December.

Reactions: 1 person
Why not have byes before your toughest games ?

We used to go out of the way to get the bye before Alabama. Then they complained so the SEC is more careful in how the schedule is set up so that teams don't do this.

As long as we don't play like we did against MSU coming off the bye week, we should be competitive.

Here's a good question for you all. Are the 2013 vols more or less talented than the 2009 vols? Remember in 2009 we waxed South Carolina and Georgia. Granted they're different teams now, but just staying. Are we talented enough that in the hands of a good coach, CBJ, we whoop some azz? I want to believe this year the tide could turn, but damn I'm so sick of watching UT games and wanting to puke in disgust.

VN Store

Back