Byron Young got robbed

pimo1

#orangefont always implied
Byron Young 42solo 61 total tackles 8 sacks 2 FF
Will Anderson 29solo 45 total tackles 7 sacks Top Defensive rookie of the year candidate

Help me understand. The one stat he did better than Young (run stuffs 10.5-4) Maybe it was the Hype around the Texans and him being the 3rd pick from bama? Oh he also had 1 PD. I personally thing the fact that Young was a third-round pick should have gave him the benefit of the doubt here. Bama bias at its worst I say. Byron is not even on the list

1705519691038.png

That young man deserves ALL that can be bestowed on him…too bad he’s from TENNESSEE…who DON’T get “accolades”…

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I think the fact he got drafted with Kobie Turner hurt him since they both showed out and Turner tied Aaron Donald's rookie record for sacks. But the fact neither of them is mentioned as a favorite sucks. Statistically they should both be in the top 5 defensive rookies. Overall the drafted Vols all did well for their respective teams this season which is a good showing.

Wright started every game at RT for the bears.
Tillman and Hyatt both got on the filed and were starters near the end of the season.

Will Anderson 29solo 45 total tackles 7 sacks Top Defensive rookie of the year candidate

Help me understand. The one stat he did better than Young (run stuffs 10.5-4) Maybe it was the Hype around the Texans and him being the 3rd pick from bama? Oh he also had 1 PD. I personally thing the fact that Young was a third-round pick should have gave him the benefit of the doubt here. Bama bias at its worst I say. Byron is not even on the list

View attachment 611114
With numbers like that, it's hard to see him left off of the list, but he should be in good shape going forward money-wise if he keeps it up. Very happy for the young man--from Dollar Store to millionaire!

That young man deserves ALL that can be bestowed on him…too bad he’s from TENNESSEE…who DON’T get “accolades”…
A lot of Tennessee players receive accolades. I heard several former Vols get a heap of praise during the weekend's playoff games. Didn't Grant Williams play well in the NBA and get a lot of kudos?

With numbers like that, it's hard to see him left off of the list, but he should be in good shape going forward money-wise if he keeps it up. Very happy for the young man--from Dollar Store to millionaire!
A lot of people don't realize those accolades play a big role down the line in contract negotiations both in the NFL and NBA. I dont think either of them Young or Anderson win...Jalen Carter has it sewn up unless Will Anderson has like a 5 sack game against the Ravens which aint happening. I think that Young should be on the list though his teammate Turner actually got snubbed harder. He not only got 9 sacks at DT he tied Aaron Donalds rookie numbers.

I love Byron Young and he should’ve gotten more press for the great year he had. But a lot of players have put up a lot of sacks playing on the same line as Aaron Donald. As others mentioned Young didn’t even lead Rams rookies in sacks. He already looks like a steal for the Rams though and has a nice future ahead of him

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
A lot of Tennessee players receive accolades. I heard several former Vols get a heap of praise during the weekend's playoff games. Didn't Grant Williams play well in the NBA and get a lot of kudos?

Absolutely. Hyatt won the Biletnikoff just last season. That guy is either failing at trying to make a joke or just likes to whine.

View attachment 611114
you mean the same Will Anderson who, two seasons ago was non existent in our win over bama. that one?

Reactions: pimo1
Absolutely. Hyatt won the Biletnikoff just last season. That guy is either failing at trying to make a joke or just likes to whine.
I do not think this case has anything to do with his school, it rarely does in the NFL. It is 2 fold first he was a third-rounder and second he and his fellow third-rounder are canceling each other out. Both are having insane seasons on that line. Maybe pundits are chalking it up to them playing with Aaron Donald?
1705599152921.png

sooo... we are starting threads on a kid that said fu to us alll..welcome to the business that use to be a game
pretty much thot that was self explanatory ... was not aware I needed to finger paint here.....

I think the fact he got drafted with Kobie Turner hurt him since they both showed out and Turner tied Aaron Donald's rookie record for sacks. But the fact neither of them is mentioned as a favorite sucks. Statistically they should both be in the top 5 defensive rookies. Overall the drafted Vols all did well for their respective teams this season which is a good showing.

Wright started every game at RT for the bears.
Tillman and Hyatt both got on the filed and were starters near the end of the season.
Just wish we could have seen Hendon

VN Store

Back