'25 CA LB Nasir Wyatt

It’s not like we missed on this kid he just wasn’t a priority..Matt Ray pretty much hinted at this prior but yes would be nice to get a mater dei kid every year because they usually churn out good players

It’s not like we missed on this kid he just wasn’t a priority..Matt Ray pretty much hinted at this prior but yes would be nice to get a mater dei kid every year because they usually churn out good players
was in santa ana ca two weeks ago. beautiful place.

Reactions: LittleVol
I don’t know our board but I would have to think this kid was a low priority. Definitely a tweener for position and we have some highly coveted players that fit our system better.

Kid could end up awesome but I personally don’t see him as an edge or even a traditional LB. He is a star position imho.

It makes sense to lay the relationship groundwork, though. Mater Dei kids will come to the South. They're going to Alabama and Georgia. When Tennessee's profile increases on a national level, as it's about to, they'll take a harder look at Tennessee. So having those relationships in place when that happens makes sense.
Mater Dei has been good for decades.
Even when we were really good in the 1990s and pulling kids from Cali, it wasn’t from Mater Dei.

And I usually watch 3 Mater Dei games in person every season. So naturally I’d love to see some of those kids play for Tennessee, but they just visit because it’s really far away maybe??

But plane tickets alone is a waste of money when you have Atlanta, Charlotte, Memphis, Birmingham that has more talent.

See what I mean, everybody?

😴

Complete waist of time recruiting that school.
Bru came to UT because he was looking to remake himself after all the mess he started out with in college.

Those kids just don’t want to come to Tennessee
Dude you just keep showing your ignorance. Yeah the coaches should just adopt your defeatist, pathetic attitude and not recruit that school. Yeah and you know football right? Now we definitely know why you are a keyboard warrior as opposed to a big time coach at a D1 program.

Dude you just keep showing your ignorance. Yeah the coaches should just adopt your defeatist, pathetic attitude and not recruit that school. Yeah and you know football right? Now we definitely know why you are a keyboard warrior as opposed to a big time coach at a D1 program.
You’re right.

Mater Dei has been good for decades.
Even when we were really good in the 1990s and pulling kids from Cali, it wasn’t from Mater Dei.

And I usually watch 3 Mater Dei games in person every season. So naturally I’d love to see some of those kids play for Tennessee, but they just visit because it’s really far away maybe??

But plane tickets alone is a waste of money when you have Atlanta, Charlotte, Memphis, Birmingham that has more talent.
So you don’t think they will go to Tennessee when Tennessee’s national brand has completely returned? If not, what about Tennessee is different than Georgia or Alabama for Mater Dei kids?

So you don’t think they will go to Tennessee when Tennessee’s national brand has completely returned? If not, what about Tennessee is different than Georgia or Alabama for Mater Dei kids?
Our brand is better imo.

Just the culture of Tennessee is better than either UGA or Bama. I reiterate again, even in the 1990s when Tennessee was winning championships and churning out NFL players and Mater Dei was still a very good California program then, not one Mater Dei kid came to Knoxville…

for someone reason, Mater Dei kids don’t come here. Mater Dei is a championship culture but so is Tennessee. I don’t know…

we had two transfers from USC, (Bru and that really good kicker 2 years ago Macrath?), but neither came here straight from high school.

Go thru the past 3 recruiting cycles and look at the ones who made it out here from Mater Dei to visit. They all talk glowing about Tennessee and Knoxville but somehow we end up finishing 5th…

Complete waste of time and resources.

Our brand is better imo.

Just the culture of Tennessee is better than either UGA or Bama. I reiterate again, even in the 1990s when Tennessee was winning championships and churning out NFL players and Mater Dei was still a very good California program then, not one Mater Dei kid came to Knoxville…

for someone reason, Mater Dei kids don’t come here. Mater Dei is a championship culture but so is Tennessee. I don’t know…

we had two transfers from USC, (Bru and that really good kicker 2 years ago Macrath?), but neither came here straight from high school.

Go thru the past 3 recruiting cycles and look at the ones who made it out here from Mater Dei to visit. They all talk glowing about Tennessee and Knoxville but somehow we end up finishing 5th…

Complete waste of time and resources.
Not necessarily a waste but

definitely long odds..

Not necessarily a waste but

definitely long odds..
People don’t have to agree, but a college’s resources aren’t infinite.

We got Dodson and Jackson from In-State so far this year. Ffrench and Cunningham are basically “5 star” WRs that have shown at least as much interest in Tennessee as Marcus Harris from Mater Dei.

I understand wanting to build a pipeline to an elite program, but also under we have recruited
15 players from Mater Dei the past 3 years.
15 or more round trip tickets from LAX to Knoxville. Feeding them for 2 days and having accommodations plus other benefits. Easily a 6 figure endeavor for what??

Literally not ONE has ever signed with UT.

Or we could just recruit Charlotte or Virginia or Birmingham harder for a fraction of the cost!

Reactions: HalfullVol

VN Store

Back