Cal abortion bill

I don’t care where anyone stands on pre-birth abortion, no one can be for killing a baby that has been born already. I didn’t read the article so hopefully it’s just a clickbait headline and not true.

I don’t understand why the “perinatal” language would be in this bill, unless they specifically defined it outside the parameters of my understanding of “perinatal.”

Reactions: Orangeslice13
The crux of the article for those who don't want to read the whole thing:

The problem is the “perinatal death” language in the bill. According to the California Family Council and others, this would exempt mothers who kill their newborn babies from prosecution. The definitions of “perinatal” vary, but they all include newborn babies within the first week and potentially up to the first month of life outside the womb.

Even an Assembly Judiciary Committee analysis of the bill warned that the vagueness of “perinatal death” language could be misinterpreted to allow infanticide.

“As currently in print, it may not be sufficiently clear that ‘perinatal death’ is intended to be the consequence of a pregnancy complication,” the legislative analysis states. “Thus, the bill could be interpreted to immunize a pregnant person from all criminal penalties for all pregnancy outcomes, including the death of a newborn for any reason during the ‘perinatal’ period after birth, including a cause of death which is not attributable to pregnancy complications …”

VN Store

Back