Can’t let Ala get a defensive or special teams score

wmcovol

Last 2 years, Bama has had defensive “scoop & scores”. ‘22 was a fumbled handoff like last week. Last year was a sack on Milton. Cant let than happen.

Also OU & definitely Fla had success returning punts from Ross. His punts are usually line drives but he holds the ball longer to allow defenders to get downfield. Both OU & Fla rushed him to make him kick quicker resulting in decent returns. Cant give up ST points either.

Last 2 years, Bama has had defensive “scoop & scores”. ‘22 was a fumbled handoff like last week. Last year was a sack on Milton. Cant let than happen.

Also OU & definitely Fla had success returning punts from Ross. His punts are usually line drives but he holds the ball longer to allow defenders to get downfield. Both OU & Fla rushed him to make him kick quicker resulting in decent returns. Cant give up ST points either.
Against OU, Ross averaged 48.4 per and OU had 5 returns for 30yds total (one for 17yds). I'll take that kind of success every week

It's odd...when I think of Bama, I think of Bama D as the foundation. Weird to see their D ranked so far down NCAA list. For us to win, I think the formula is to do to Bama what they've historically done to us. Throttle them on D, don't turn the ball over, run the ball and hit a few gash plays. All of this still a tall order, but much more doable than much of the past 20 years.

Our D is solid. Pilli was a dog and losing him hurts. But the D will hold it's ground. The weak link in the D is still the secondary. It's clearly improved from last season.
We all know that this game is hinging on our Offensive line. If Alabama keeps Nico scrambling out of the pocket or getting happy feet and seeing ghosts, we are in for a nightmare of a night. 3 and outs will kill our defense. As good as they are, you aren't keeping bama out of the endzone. Going fast between plays and then failing to get the chains moving means that the D is on the field for too many Alabama possessions to keep the game winnable.

It's odd...when I think of Bama, I think of Bama D as the foundation. Weird to see their D ranked so far down NCAA list. For us to win, I think the formula is to do to Bama what they've historically done to us. Throttle them on D, don't turn the ball over, run the ball and hit a few gash plays. All of this still a tall order, but much more doable than much of the past 20 years.

Problem is Florida's D was way down the list and we struggled mightily to move the ball. Bama's D is not great but is better than Florida's.

VN Store

Back