Carson Sneed commits

This focus on TEs got me wondering. Could it be the Heup is reading to revamp is offense into an even m9re potent pick your poison version? Forcing defenders to thin the LOS even more, so TEs and slot receivers move chains more consistently? Then down field shots, putting the fear of the Touchdown Devil in them. I think this is the tactic the Patriots used during their championship years. So effectively, I seem to recall a NFL coach accused them of using ineligible receivers. Then Brady told that coach to read the rules book or something. Oh never mind, what do I know? NOTHING.

This focus on TEs got me wondering. Could it be the Heup is reading to revamp is offense into an even m9re potent pick your poison version? Forcing defenders to thin the LOS even more, so TEs and slot receivers move chains more consistently? Then down field shots, putting the fear of the Touchdown Devil in them. I think this is the tactic the Patriots used during their championship years. So effectively, I seem to recall a NFL coach accused them of using ineligible receivers. Then Brady told that coach to read the rules book or something. Oh never mind, what do I know? NOTHING.
If JH starts using the TE like the Cowboys did Witten or other NFL teams do, we'll be lethal. Problem is, in college, and certainly at UT, we've never truly used the position highly effectively. UGA last few years and Notre Dame as only exceptions I can think of. The ability to stretch the field and have a TE find soft spots in coverage keeps the chains moving and is entirely frustrating for opposing defenses.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Will be interesting to follow as we will probably have to increase the position share of targets to sustain interest down the road. Wonder if we will see them shift out into space more against smaller cover guys to see what YAC they can generate as well as thin run defense as you suggested. Fewer guys in the box for a ready and mobile QB to read and avoid seems like a good thing.

Anybody got target distribution stats from his pre-UT years.

If JH starts using the TE like the Cowboys did Witten or other NFL teams do, we'll be lethal. Problem is, in college, and certainly at UT, we've never truly used the position highly effectively. UGA last few years and Notre Dame as only exceptions I can think of. The ability to stretch the field and have a TE find soft spots in coverage keeps the chains moving and is entirely frustrating for opposing defenses.
Agree. However, in the Heup, we got a coach, I especially like. I tend to be rather unorthodox. I believe I see the same in Josh. So I think he will break the mold of the Vols not using the TE imaginatively. And thus, also, break the Spurrier accusation of: Tennessee will always be Tennessee. Meaning, we just played slam bam thank you ma am football, whereas Steve played fun-and-gun football. With a mobile (Hooker type) QB, we saw that Josh plays Spurrier type games. With a stout defensive front and capable secondary, we'd be the New England Patriots of CFB.

Last edited:
Reactions: njvols
Heup is on a heater right now. Gotta love it. Still plenty of big fish left for 2025. The future looks bright. 😎
We have two guys left that we are in on, announcing 17, and 23 of Aug. I believe. Konannbanny & Sanders.

Beyond that will have to be whomever they get in on a late official. Really this class needs a OT (Sanders), RB, CB (Konnannbanny), and LB to be upper crust elite, top 5.

Interesting will be schollie changes from NCAA. Do you take one or two projects, maybe on DL or OL?

That said there is still Josh Petty, and Shekai Mills Knight out there + whoever pops up SR year.

VN Store

Back