Casey Clausen Update 3/14/05

allvol

Eternally Optimistic
Read about scrimmage #2 that took place this past Saturday 3/12/05

The Cologne Centurions have had 2 controlled scrimmages so far during training camp. The first against the Hamburg Sea Devils and the 2nd against defending World Bowl Champ Berlin Thunder. Casey Clausen led the Centurions in passing both times. Here are the combined stats from the 2 scrimmages as compiled from various NFLEL reports.

Casey Clausen (KC Chiefs) 8-of-10 for 120 yards
Chris Lewis (Arizona Cardinals) 3-of-5 passes for 18 yards
Kentaro Namiki 2-of-3 passes for 37 yards
Kevin Thompson (Buffalo Bills) no stats found?

The competition Chris Lewis is the most discussed qb of the foursome. He is noted as a very good athlete and one of the best quarterbacks in Stanford history (however, his completion pct was less than 50%). Lewis spent last season on the Cardinals practice squad.

Kevin Thompson will be making his 2nd stint in NFLEL... last playing in 2001.

Kentaro Namiki is from Japan.

Originally posted by allvol@Mar 14, 2005 4:33 PM

Chris Lewis is the most discussed qb of the foursome. He is noted as a very good athlete and one of the best quarterbacks in Stanford history (however, his completion pct was less than 50%). Lewis spent last season on the Cardinals practice squad.

Why does that statement not make sense to me?

Originally posted by JSB2277+Mar 14, 2005 8:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JSB2277 @ Mar 14, 2005 8:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-allvol@Mar 14, 2005 4:33 PM

Chris Lewis is the most discussed qb of the foursome.  He is noted as a very good athlete and one of the best quarterbacks in Stanford history (however, his completion pct was less than 50%).  Lewis spent last season on the Cardinals practice squad.

Why does that statement not make sense to me? [/quote]
I think you may be thinking the Stanford Cardinal and the Arizona Cardinals are the same? Is that what you mean?

Originally posted by vol_freak+Mar 14, 2005 8:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vol_freak @ Mar 14, 2005 8:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by JSB2277@Mar 14, 2005 8:54 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-allvol
@Mar 14, 2005 4:33 PM

Chris Lewis is the most discussed qb of the foursome.  He is noted as a very good athlete and one of the best quarterbacks in Stanford history (however, his completion pct was less than 50%).  Lewis spent last season on the Cardinals practice squad.

I think you may be thinking the Stanford Cardinal and the Arizona Cardinals are the same? Is that what you mean? [/quote]
yeah my mistake

Originally posted by JSB2277+Mar 14, 2005 9:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JSB2277 @ Mar 14, 2005 9:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by vol_freak@Mar 14, 2005 8:56 PM
Originally posted by JSB2277@Mar 14, 2005 8:54 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-allvol
@Mar 14, 2005 4:33 PM

I think you may be thinking the Stanford Cardinal and the Arizona Cardinals are the same? Is that what you mean?

yeah my mistake [/quote]
That&#39;s how I read it at first.

Good news is, Clausen will get a lot of valueble experience playing in the NFLE, the bad news is, he&#39;s currently on the Kansas City Chiefs where startingqb Trent Green has started the past 4 seasons without ever missing a start.

So basically he wont see the field on the Chiefs because Trent Green has not been injured since his ACL tear when he was a Stl Ram back in 1999.

VN Store

Back