CBS Sportsline ranks new hires

tyrone willingham and charlie wies 7 and 8. somtimes i wonder what these guys are thinking.

2. Steve Spurrier, South Carolina

Worst-case scenario: Thirty-one other coaches have tried in 108 years of South Carolina football and produced exactly 11 bowl teams. Does the word "curse" come to mind?

:eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol:

I think they will go from mediocre to somewhat of an SEC power. The three big ones in the east will be Tennessee, Florida and Georgia, and I'd tend to think SoCar will eventually be able to beat one or maybe two out of the three every year.

I'd say he'll manage to beat Florida and Georgia at least twice while he's at SC....He could beat us but I think that'll happen when Hades freezes over...HAHA...no I'm kidding but I think it will be a little while before he beats us

i dont think sc kentucky or vandy will ever beat us as long as fulmer is our coach.

He could. Not next season, though. If he sticks around long enough, I'll give him a chance for a win or two against us.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 22, 2005 12:58 PM
i dont think sc kentucky or vandy will ever beat us as long as fulmer is our coach.

Go and look at the history of the Vols vs. these 3 teams. To say that they will never beat us with Fulmer is just silly. All 3 of those teams play us close. Everyone plays up to Tennessee. I hope that you are right, but the upset could happen any year and almost did this year.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 22, 2005 2:48 PM
he have they ever beat us while he has been the coach?

That doesn't matter. Very rarely does the past predict the future. I am just saying that there is always a chance for an upset. Thats all!

you're right there is always a chance for the upset.....that's why they play the games..NEVER say NEVER because nothin is impossible

Nobody gave Miss State a chance against UF this year. There is one prime example.

VN Store

Back