Cbs Strength Of Schedule Rankings

What do you expect Big East is the toughest. Yeah right!

My email to Dodd

Rating by Conferences
Rnk Conference Rating
1 Big East 1.2955
2 SEC 1.1887
3 Big 12 1.1750
4 ACC 1.1544
5 Pac-10 1.1294

Tha crap right there tells me and everyone else above the age of 5 that the formula used for this cockeyed Bull was pulled out of someone's acid laced dream and needs to be buried. It's a joke and nothing you nor anyone else can say to prove otherwise. This site is becoming a joke!

Big East! How stupid can you be!

that crap is totally based on predictions and pre season polls

it means nothing.

cbs sportsline is a sorry sports site and info center anyway.

dont listen to anything they say.

Good lord what a mess!! They have Temple at #48 and us at #49? :eek:lol: That's just ridiculous along with everything else they said. Please.... :disappointed:

Originally posted by Vol67@Jun 1, 2005 7:26 PM
What do you expect Big East is the toughest. Yeah right!
My email to Dodd

Rating by Conferences 
Rnk  Conference  Rating 
1  Big East  1.2955 
2  SEC  1.1887 
3  Big 12  1.1750 
4  ACC  1.1544 
5  Pac-10  1.1294

Tha crap right there tells me and everyone else above the age of 5 that the formula used for this cockeyed Bull was pulled out of someone's acid laced dream and needs to be buried. It's a joke and nothing you nor anyone else can say to prove otherwise. This site is becoming a joke!

Big East! How stupid can you be!
[snapback]100016[/snapback]​

GOOD FOR YOU, 67!!!

OK OK. . . . so Vandy is above us, with ND (at South Bend), Memphis, and UAB, while they have Wake Forest (whose Lacrosse team doubles as the football squad), Richmond (Virginia, guys), and MTSU (just moved up from the "minors"). SC has Central Florida and Troy (is that in the Greek Empire???)

Give me a friggin' break. Playing in the SEC East should AUTOMATICALLY qualify you for the top-25. We've got Florida and LSU back-to-back ON THE ROAD. Shut up.

This guy (and the formula he writes about) is as retarded as a Driver's Handbook for the blind. Anyone that puts South Florida at the top of the "toughest schedule" in the sunshine state is an idiot.

I just deleted CBS sportsline from my "favorites."

How could anyone in the SEC be ahead of us in SOS? All 3 of our OOC opponents were bowl teams last year. The only 3 teams we play that werent in a bowl game are UK, Vandy, and South Carolina. And South Carolina didnt go to a bowl game because they thugged out the last game of the season. So that means we play 9 teams with a winning record last season this year. Is there any other team that does thats ranked ahead of us?

Holy 5#1+ !!!!

Look at UNC's schedule!! That is the toughest schedule I have EVER Seen a team play in one season

Schedule

2005 Schedule
Date Opponent
Sep 10 @Georgia Tech DECENT
Sep 17 Wisconsin BCS BOWL TEAM TOP 10
Sep 24 @N. Carolina St. BCS BOWL TEAM
Oct 1 Utah BCS BOWL TEAM TOP 10
Oct 8 @Louisville BOWL TEAM TOP 10
Oct 22 Virginia BOWL TEAM
Oct 29 @Miami (Fla.) BCS BOWL TEAM TOP 10
Nov 5 Boston College BOWL TEAM
Nov 12 Maryland BOWL TEAM
Nov 19 Duke MUST BE HOMECOMING OR SOMETHING
Nov 26 @Virginia Tech BCS BOWL TEAM TOP TEN

Dude if they win 9 games they should still be top ten... IMO ofcourse.

:worship: Looking at that schedule 5 years back most of these teams were still good. Accepting that scedule took gonads... HUGE MASSIVE GONADS!

Yeah that is pretty rediculous. Looks like a schedule you would put together on a video game.

UNC needs to steal a couple games like they did against UM last yr. :devilsmoke:

Also, regarding the rankings it just shows how you can make any formula to your advantage or disadvantage! ;)

I was thinking about this whole strength of schedule. Does it favor lesser teams? If Tennessee and Vandy played the exact same schedule then Vandy's SOS would be higher becasue they play us.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Jun 2, 2005 7:30 PM
I was thinking about this whole strength of schedule. Does it favor lesser teams? If Tennessee and Vandy played the exact same schedule then Vandy's SOS would be higher becasue they play us.
[snapback]100355[/snapback]​

Makes enough sense.

Like I had stated earlier if UNC can win over .500 of their games they are a top 20 team in my book. They could feasablely loase half their games and still beat 5 or 6 top 10 teams. That schedule is unbelievable. UNC is damn near guaranteed if they can have a winning record a major bowl. For the sheer shock value of who they had to beat to be bowl eligible.

I am still astonished by the schedule.

VN Store

Back