Chamique Holdsclaw traded to Atlanta Dream

I heard the other day that Candice Parker married NBA player Sheldon Richardson (Duke). Their kids are going to be ballers/board crashers.

I heard the other day that Candice Parker married NBA player Sheldon Richardson (Duke). Their kids are going to be ballers/board crashers.
let's pray that any offspring look one helluva lot like Mom. Any trace of dad is a complete disaster.

Candace will be playing in Russia starting in January:

according to a Russian basketball source, will pay Candace Parker, last summer's WNBA MVP as a rookie, $1.2 million for four months beginning in January.
12.15.08 - SI

Chamique has been playing in Poland:
16jihs0.jpg

Holdsclaw had a legendary career at the University of Tennessee where she was a four-time Kodak All-American. She finished her collegiate career with 3,025 points and 1,295 rebounds, making her the all-time leading scoring and rebounder in school history (men’s and women’s), the all-time leading scorer and rebounder in SEC women's history, and the all-time leading scorer and rebounder in the history of the NCAA Women’s Tournament. Holdsclaw won the Naismith player of the year trophy twice (1998 and 1999) and posted a 134-17 win/loss record during her remarkable career as a Lady Vol. In 2000, she was named Naismith's Player of the Century for the 1990s.

The Sparks would be really, really retarded if they still had Chamique, in terms of star power anyway.

They had the starting front 3 from the Women's Olympic team right? With Parker, Leslie, and that other girl? And then they had Bobbitt at the Point? I guess when you have the starting front 3 from the Olympic team and someone is offering you a mid-first round draft pick for an 8 year veteran that may or may not still have her game, you take it? But they could have moved Candace around to wherever (since she can play pretty much any position) and put her back in.

Oh well. Would have been really funny to see 3 former vols on a roster with 2 other Olympians winning the WNBA title year after year ;p

VN Store

Back