Champions League Final Formations thread.

bigtime

Last by Divine Right
This is a speculation thread. Obviously, we won't know until later today if it will be Bayern or Real that see Chelsea in the final. We do know that Chelsea will be missing some key players in the final. Ramires, Ivanovic, Terry, and Meireles due to cards. Possibly Cahill and Luiz to injury(hope to see both back). If Bayern makes it through, it is possible that they will be missing some important players because of cards as well.

I think it would be fun to speculate possible formations and squad.

You are welcome to just post player names and positions. However, if you have FIFA 12 try to go into "head to head" and "team management" and then edit the roster and formations and post a picture of that. Should be able to get it all in one picture, ill post an example in a few minutes.

So this is a quick example. I put Chelsea in a 4-1-2-1-2. For fun I put both Drogba and Torres up top(honestly, If I were Di Matteo id seriously consider this). I put Mata in a CAM role hoping that maybe he can create some crafty chances. Since Terry and Ivan are both missing, I put Mikel in a CDM role and I am hoping both Cahill and Luiz make it back from injury.

Attachments

• chelsea.jpg
    chelsea.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 23
Chelsea:

parked+bus+4+5.JPG

Reactions: 3 people
Cahill and Luiz might not be healthy. Chelsea is in rough shape with all of the injures and a lot of important games left before the final.
i would say there is a good chance of them being back. Cahill is probably more likely. I would be happy with just one and thrilled with both.

Probably will be this

Neuer (Beast)

Rafinha Boateng Tymoschuk Lahm

Kroos Schweinsteiger

Robben Muller Ribery

Gomez

Bayern aren't hurting at all. lol

It's not that bad as everyone there has been a starter this year at their position, but there is a huge drop off if they have to sub anyone, and I mean anyone. Still more favorable than Chelsea's position I would think.

It's not that bad as everyone there has been a starter this year at their position, but there is a huge drop off if they have to sub anyone, and I mean anyone. Still more favorable than Chelsea's position I would think.

Defense didn't look too hot, and it will be worse for the CL final. If Chelski sits back and plays D, I'm expecting a lackluster title match.

Last night playing FIFA I used Bayern just to assess their depth, they really only have two maybe three favorable subs on the game.

Last night playing FIFA I used Bayern just to assess their depth, they really only have two maybe three favorable subs on the game.

We have decent depth in midfield, but everywhere else we are painfully thin. They look to be addressing this with the signings of Dante and Shaqiri but I expect they are not finished yet.

We have decent depth in midfield, but everywhere else we are painfully thin. They look to be addressing this with the signings of Dante and Shaqiri but I expect they are not finished yet.
Yeah I think they had one defender in their subs lol i didn't pay attention to the reserves, sometimes good players get thrown down there.

Yeah I think they had one defender in their subs lol i didn't pay attention to the reserves, sometimes good players get thrown down there.

We've got Alaba, who didn't start playing LB til midseason, so he won't show up as a defender (he can also play CM and LM, a great player to have). We have Contento, who is young but will probably never amount to anything if he hasn't by now. And we have van Buyten, who is old, slow, and coming off injury. We have some good, young guys in the reserves that we can call up, which I hope we do since the Bundesliga title is already lost. Might as well use the remaining games to practice and try some new things.

Reactions: 1 person
Chelsea still has to play for a spot in the top four. We will probably see more of Bertrand though.

VN Store

Back