Cheez-It Citrus Bowl game food... watcha got?

AdoptedVOL

In honor of the Cheez-It Citrus Bowl, how about we share our favorite Cheez-It inspired recipes for game food. Extra points if your have a Cheez-It cocktail recipe.

I'll start with homemade Cheez-Its...

Ingredients​

• 8 ounces (226.8 g) extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
  • ¼ cup (56.75 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons ice water

Instructions​

• In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the cheese, butter, and salt on low speed until combined. Add the flour and mix on low until pebbly. Slowly add 2 tablespoons of the water and mix as the dough forms a ball. If needed, add the additional tablespoon of water a little at a time until the dough forms. Pat the dough into a disk, wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide the dough into two pieces and roll each into a very thin 10x12-inch rectangle (the dough should be no more than ⅛-inch high). Using a fluted pastry wheel, cut the rectangles into 1-inch squares, then transfer them to the baking sheets.
    1701902872144.png
  • Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until puffed and browning at the edges. Immediately move the crackers to wire racks to cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.

Agree! I like mine with Tabasco too and a cold beer. This one will be on my game table.
I love homemade chili. Actually just made a pot a few weeks ago but I’ve never thought to put Tabasco in it, but I’m certainly gonna try that for game day

BkInBY7IcAE10vB.jpg

In honor of the Cheez-It Citrus Bowl, how about we share our favorite Cheez-It inspired recipes for game food. Extra points if your have a Cheez-It cocktail recipe.

Ingredients​

• 1 teaspoon kosher salt

Instructions​

• In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the cheese, butter, and salt on low speed until combined. Add the flour and mix on low until pebbly. Slowly add 2 tablespoons of the water and mix as the dough forms a ball. If needed, add the additional tablespoon of water a little at a time until the dough forms. Pat the dough into a disk, wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide the dough into two pieces and roll each into a very thin 10x12-inch rectangle (the dough should be no more than ⅛-inch high). Using a fluted pastry wheel, cut the rectangles into 1-inch squares, then transfer them to the baking sheets.
    View attachment 600446
  • Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until puffed and browning at the edges. Immediately move the crackers to wire racks to cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
🤢

In a large bowl..add cheez-it's..sprinkle olive oil and mix together then add red pepper flakes..mix to your liking and spread on a baking sheet and bake on 350 for about 15 mins...really good snack on any game day...

My fave Cheez-Its are the snack mix. Ill eat about 2 boxes a week. Also love the regular crackers with green grapes.

Reactions: BUCCnVOLfan
Kroger had them for 99 cents a box about a month ago

Think I bought about a case of the white cheddar ones. Little Tabasco will do ya right

-ground beef (73-27)
-pork rinds
-eggs
-smoked cheddar
-little heavy cream
-salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and smoked paprika

Make a meatloaf and out cheese inside and wrap meatloaf in bacon. Smoke for about an hour or two.

Also doing a smoked pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon. Got water and unsweetened tea. Gonna be a great meal.

-ground beef (73-27)
-pork rinds
-eggs
-smoked cheddar
-little heavy cream
-salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and smoked paprika

Make a meatloaf and out cheese inside and wrap meatloaf in bacon. Smoke for about an hour or two.

Also doing a smoked pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon. Got water and unsweetened tea. Gonna be a great meal.
Me n the Kat Wife will be in lot 4 Sunday night (NYE)! I'll have smoked tater salad, beer and good bourbon if you bring this!

Ingredients​

• 1 teaspoon kosher salt

Instructions​

View attachment 600446

Smoked Pork Loin Sliders with North Alabama White Sauce and Food City's Famous Dave's "Devil's Spit" pickles (sweet beginning, hot ending). White sauce: Duke's mayo, apple cider vinegar, horseradish, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, and a splash of lemon juice.

Smoked Pork Loin Sliders with North Alabama White Sauce and Food City's Famous Dave's "Devil's Spit" pickles (sweet beginning, hot ending). White sauce: Duke's mayo, apple cider vinegar, horseradish, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, and a splash of lemon juice.
White sauce sounds interesting. I'll give a try.

Cheezeits, rice Chex mix, salted peanuts. Toss in a little Lea & Perkins. Spread out on baking sheet. Place in smoker at 225 for 30 minutes

The wife and I are going to rely on the Official Cheez-IT Tailgate crew to provide food and drinks for the tailgate. First time going to a bowl game; we going to experience the whole gammit and for a 100$ you better believe I am going to drink my weight and in bourbon and chase it with wings and Cheez-Its!

VN Store

Back