Chime In Lucky East Tennessean's

Nuclear_Orange

FistInYourFaceDefense
All my life I have lived in the butthole of TN, that is west TN. I often view East TN as the holy land because I want to live there and have season tickets to Neyland so bad but oh well.
Me and three friends are coming to the AP game. So, I need all you east Tennessean's that know the ends and out of parking and escape routes in and around pregame and post game please help me out. See us West TN people have a long drive back and prefer not to sit in traffic for hours. And i'm leaning towards the notion that getting anywhere fast post game neyland doesn't exist. I'm sure cookville and Crossville love us west Tennessean's because we always have to book a hotel the night before or on the way back. I'm proud to be a Tennessean, but sometimes I wonder why our state couldn't end up the same shape geographically as other states ie Georgia, Mississippi, etc. so the distance is not so long. But we will travel any distance for our beloved vols. But some us like me have season tickets to Ole Miss because it is a one day trip (and my wife is completing her masters at OM) but Orange is clearly the blood flowing here. Please help me with parking so I can get out of there and get down the road to my hotel? Any help is appreciated! GBO BABY!!

My experience is that parking near the Agriculture side of campus is the fastest way out of there. Alcoa highway is right there and you can jump on the interstate pretty quick. The traffic seems to move on that side of campus pretty well.

I usually park on Market street. little walk but not too bad. two turns and our on the interstate. Never had any traffic problems.

If you can find a spot, street parking in Ft Sanders has always worked for me. Park on the town side of 17th though or you'll never get out!! Also if you can get to Alcoa Hwy take it to Pellissippi then to 40/75. Saves a lot of time getting to Campbell Sta & Lovell Rd area.

The west end of the strip (Cumberland Ave.) is usually pretty good for us. Long walk back to the car after the game, but fairly easy to hop on Alcoa Hwy and quickly back on 40.

VN Store

Back