Chinese mine manager in Rwanda sentenced to 20 years in prison for whipping local workers

I don't see the problem. These people were given jobs at the market rate. Government should stay out of way of business. The marketplace will address this issue.
I’m pretty sure the government can get involved when a criminal act takes place. Unless it is on our southern border. All that activity is ok.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
I’m pretty sure the government can get involved when a criminal act takes place. Unless it is on our southern border. All that activity is ok.

I view it as motivation to increase production. If the employees don't like that management style they can seek employment elsewhere. The marketplace will solve this problem to the extent there even is a problem.

Reactions: EasternVol
I view it as motivation to increase production. If the employees don't like that management style they can seek employment elsewhere. The marketplace will solve this problem to the extent there even is a problem.
If only they had a beautiful document like the Constitution. And some white democrats to show them how things work. Right?

If only they had a beautiful document like the Constitution. And some white democrats to show them how things work. Right?

Constitution is a contract between the people and the government. We're talking about the benefits of a free market.

A minor setback in China’s colonialization of Africa and it’s resources.

Well I like kangaroos.

Im betting they are just as fond of you :D
poohs-kanga-poohs-roo.gif

The article says the Chinese whipper guy was beating him for stealing minerals.
Edit: Tweet in the link.

The article says the Chinese whipper guy was beating him for stealing minerals.
Edit: Tweet in the link.

He was punishing a criminal act, saving government resources and promoting increased corporate productivity. I'm honestly confounded why anyone would find this objectionable.

He was punishing a criminal act, saving government resources and promoting increased corporate productivity. I'm honestly confounded why anyone would find this objectionable.

Yeah I understand that. Would there be any outrage though if the Chinese had a mine like the one mentioned in this link but located in East TN and were whipping black Americans for stealing minerals? Just throwing a hypothetical out there.

Yeah I understand that. Would there be any outrage though if the Chinse had a mine like the one mentioned in this link but located in East TN and were whipping black Americans for stealing minerals? Just throwing a hypothetical out there.

There can be public outrage and the public will vote with its money. Government has no business telling businesses how to conduct business. The marketplace will solve all problems and force companies to do the right thing.

A minor setback in China’s colonialization of Africa and it’s resources.
Interesting choice of words... I'm no fan of the CCP, but I think there are some misconceptions or deliberate distortions about Chinese activity in Africa and beyond based on their Belt and Road Initiative.

Does he have the right to assault another person simply because he has a supervisory position over that person?

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back