Chipper's Retirement Ceremony

snapcracklepop

My wife and I are going to ATL on Friday to experience our first MLB game. WE are really excited about the game. Does anyone have any suggestions of things to check out in ATL before the game (can either be in the stadium or the city)? Thanks! GO Braves!

Do you want them to make it out alive?

The orange drink makes me sick, but everything else is enjoyable in moderation

I'll admit it's more about the novelty than the food. I've been going there after Braves games since I was a little kid

Do you want them to make it out alive?

I went with my two best friends, and a set of parents. The mom was like "I heard the Varsity is this awesome Atlanta landmark!" We though, cool, let's go, this could be fun. We were completely disappointed in everything. It was okay and kinda cool for a novelty, and the food was good, but it was like "What's so special?"

I went with my two best friends, and a set of parents. The mom was like "I heard the Varsity is this awesome Atlanta landmark!" We though, cool, let's go, this could be fun. We were completely disappointed in everything. It was okay and kinda cool for a novelty, and the food was good, but it was like "What's so special?"

It's been there since the 1920s. That's what's so special. That's why it's a landmark. That's it.

I gotta say, a chili cheese dog slathered in onions is fantastic hangover food though. I used to live a mile from the Varsity Jr on Cheshire Bridge Rd. Heavily useful on a weekend morning sometimes.

It's been there since the 1920s. That's what's so special. That's why it's a landmark. That's it.

I gotta say, a chili cheese dog slathered in onions is fantastic hangover food though. I used to live a mile from the Varsity Jr on Cheshire Bridge Rd. Heavily useful on a weekend morning sometimes.

I mean, it was a cool place to visit, but I wasn't blown away or anything.

And the food was good, but not great.

IDK, maybe it's just so hyped that it disappoints.

I mean, it was a cool place to visit, but I wasn't blown away or anything.

And the food was good, but not great.

IDK, maybe it's just so hyped that it disappoints.

I don't know anyone who hypes it. It's a running joke among everybody who actually lives here -- imagine the reputation Krystal food has, but worse. The only people I know (including myself) who eat there are hung over.

It's a weird place to be so famous, I'll admit. That's what longevity does for you, I guess. If you're looking for an Atlanta institution that's actually good, you should have gone to Nuevo Laredo or Daddy D'z.

VN Store

Back