Chris Hatcher

I've been wanting to start a thread for him, but haven't so far out of principle. :p

I doubt we'll step this far out of the box, but IMO he'd be a good fit.

I've been wanting to start a thread for him, but haven't so far out of principle. :p

I doubt we'll step this far out of the box, but IMO he'd be a good fit.

I agree with all of this post, as stated, cant see CPF going this far out of the box.

Is this just a wet dream snowball rolling downhill on volnation, or is there any tangible reason to believe that Fulmer might be interested?

Hatcher isn't a Tennessee guy, so right off he's at a serious disadvantage. Also, he doesn't seem to run the traditional pro-type set that fulmer loves.

Is there any reason to get excited about this apart from day dreaming?

Is this just a wet dream snowball rolling downhill on volnation, or is there any tangible reason to believe that Fulmer might be interested?

Hatcher isn't a Tennessee guy, so right off he's at a serious disadvantage. Also, he doesn't seem to run the traditional pro-type set that fulmer loves.

It's a pure day dream but . . . .Hatcher is one of the hot coaches right now. In the past week he's been mentioned for the head job at Southern Miss and actually got a courtesy interview for the Ga Tech job. It's only a matter of time before somebody gives him a shot.

The only reason, I have for hope, and I am stretchhhhhhhhing this out.(ok work with me) CPF is at the end of his tenure, as most of his staff that has he been so loyal to. A concern of legacy at stake, not worried about some young hot shot taking his job, goes way out of the box and starts reading VolNation, "mmmmmm, this Hatcher guy must be the s..." and makes the call to south Ga. Sorry VN, best I could do.......:dance:

I'm sure Fulmer has caught word by now. It doesn't sound *that* outside the box, does it?

Would it be considered outside the box because:
(a) he's relatively young?
(b) he's not a tennessee guy?
(c) he spreads the offense and throws it downfield?

And I'm not being sarcastic. What sort of guy do you think fulmer would like to have? Who is his prototype guy?

Pretty damn good resume - for an up and comer. I'm game. Too bad Fulmer won't be... it would really invigorate the program IMO - but it would also be a threat to Fulmer... so bye bye to any chance we might have of getting him...
I think CPF will be forced to do something radical in his search for an OC. Fulmer wants to win either a SEC or National title before his time is up. I just hope his search ends up at GA Southern.

I'm not that familiar with this guy, do people like him because he's a winner or does he run a unique offense?

I'm not that familiar with this guy, do people like him because he's a winner or does he run a unique offense?
He has been a Mumme protege for years, same style, spread, but much much smarter, and more down field stuff, really attacks the field

His offense isn't necessarily all that gimmicky. . . He just seems really adept at pushing the right buttons and making it work all the time. :eek:k:

His offense isn't necessarily all that gimmicky. . . He just seems really adept at pushing the right buttons and making it work all the time. :eek:k:
I would agree with that, but he does scheme you, and formation you to death, to gain an advantage.

oh yeah....lets go replace one of the best OC's with a division 2 coach. Great idea guys. Let's have some realistic recommendations.

oh yeah....lets go replace one of the best OC's with a division 2 coach. Great idea guys. Let's have some realistic recommendations.

That "division 2" coach has conference titles, a national championship, experience in the SEC and Tim Couch and Daunte Culpepper on his resume.

never heard of the guy, but from what i hear it seems like I would like him. As long as we take shots down the field I am all for it.

VN Store

Back