Coach Heup Sums Up Tennessee Defense

This team can be a real threat to go a long way. The depth and talent on defense is impressive and a difference maker. We know the Dline is STRONG but the LBs and Drs impressed me tonight. The Carter boys, Arian and Boo are only going to get better and better. If this offense gets extra possessions look out!!

I came here to post this very thing if it had not already been posted. So, it's a bit of a rah rah comment, but what I love about this is that it shows that Heupel is becoming a Vol. You know, coaches bring their own culture, But the culture sometimes finds the coach as well. Do you remember in season one, Heup wasn't really sure about saying the maxims. And I totally get that. You can't be successful without running things your way. He is doing that. But he's also now woven into the Tennessee culture. Ultimately it doesn't matter--he'll be judged by wins and losses. But it makes it all the more fun for fans when this stuff happens.

“The standard at Tennessee is to be elite on defense. This is the home of Reggie White, Al Wilson and Eric Berry"

I REALLY LOVE how Coach Josh Heupel has EMBRASSED Tennessee Football Tradition in SUCH AN AUTHENTIC way...

Butch was SUCH a FAKE AZZ about it...Pruitt was NOTHING but a BAMA HOMER...

AND...

Do you remember the days of Dooley COMPLAINING about VFLs "hanging around"...and DEMANDING they "call first for permission to stop by"...??!!

Last edited:
A strong case can be made that Tennessee’s

Eric Berry
Reggie White
Peyton Manning
Al Wilson
Jamal Lewis
Doug Atkins
Albert Haynesworth
Chad Clifton
Jason Witten

Are all the best at their positions all time.

Last edited:
Arion Carter could be an Al Wilson type player.

Will Brooks could be another Eric Berry.
If Will Brooks could have been that he wouldn’t just now be starting as a 5th year senior.

Arion Carter is no Al Wilson.

Neither was Jerrod Mayo or AJ Johnson

Still very happy to have Carter and Brooks

VN Store

Back