Coach Josh Heupel Week 2 NC State Press Conference (Sept. 2, 2024)

His mind was elsewhere. Maybe on the practice field, maybe he feels some urgency to get some stuff done with the team.

Or, and this is just reading tea leaves, maybe he's pissed at the Knoxville media right now, given how he didn't say "thanks guys," or "have a good day," the way he normally does.

Go Vols!

p.s. So I listened a bit closer to the back-and-forth after Josh left the podium. It went something like this, which seems to indicate Josh is NOT upset with the media, or at least not with most of them:

journalist: thank you coach
another journalist: _______ fire trucks
Josh: I was.
Josh: It's a bold move to wear red this week, guys [NC State's colors are red, white and black]
[media laughter]
Josh: Have a great afternoon.
another journalist: Mike Griffin is my mentor. [may refer to the Vols junior track and cross country runner...but don't know what wearing red has to do with this athlete]

Last edited:
Last edited:
This is the part I was looking and hoping for:

On the status of DB Rickey Gibson III
"We held a couple of guys on game day, you might have seen them warm up. End of the day, he'll be ready to roll this week. I just felt like for our football team and the longevity, there were a couple of guys we held out that could've played in that one, but we'll hold them for this week."

This is the part I was looking and hoping for:

On the status of DB Rickey Gibson III
"We held a couple of guys on game day, you might have seen them warm up. End of the day, he'll be ready to roll this week. I just felt like for our football team and the longevity, there were a couple of guys we held out that could've played in that one, but we'll hold them for this week."
Same answer for people asking why Pearce didn't play more than 10 snaps.

Same answer for people asking why Pearce didn't play more than 10 snaps.
Yes. Difference is, Gibson has been dealing with a hamstring, so I was worried that he might be out again this week, but hoping he was held out for precautionary reasons, not that the hammy isn’t good. Looks like he could’ve played. Glad he didn’t so he can be 100% this week.

His mind was elsewhere. Maybe on the practice field, maybe he feels some urgency to get some stuff done with the team.

Or, and this is just reading tea leaves, maybe he's pissed at the Knoxville media right now, given how he didn't say "thanks guys," or "have a good day," the way he normally does.

Go Vols!

p.s. So I listened a bit closer to the back-and-forth after Josh left the podium. It went something like this, which seems to indicate Josh is NOT upset with the media, or at least not with most of them:
Mike Griffin is a sportswriter that used to cover the Vols...covers Georgia now. IIRC, he's an old tOSU guy previously.

Wait a minute---that's Mike Griffith. Never mind :(

VN Store

Back