Coach Summit loses patience

utvolpj

Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
"I was trying to be patient,'' she said. "I've lost my patience. It's gone."

Summitt loses patience : Women's Basketball : GoVolsXtra.com

Instead, the number served as a grim reminder of the 23 turnovers UT committed in Sunday's 82-68 loss at Auburn. In one drill, the players had to record 23 defensive stops. In another, they performed 23 defensive slides in rapid-fire fashion.

and taking notes from a former UT coach

Summitt also intends to revamp game-day shooting practices, shortening the length while increasing the pace. She's borrowing from the philosophy of former Tennessee men's coach Kevin O'Neill.
"Without the language,'' said Summitt in a joking reference to O'Neill's salty dialogue. "I love Kevin but the language was a little more than I can handle."

She's going to borrow an offensive drill from O'Neill--who is one of the worst offensive coaches in the country? PS is a legend, but coaching offense is not exactly her strength. DEFENSE!!! REBOUNDING!!

As much as I love Bruce, I have more confidence that Pat can turn her team around than Coach Pearl.

Any team not named UCONN is playing for second and if at this point in the year you are still making these type of adjusments (mens and womens) your teams fall into the "they are what they are" category.

VN Store

Back